- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I own nothing. Please don't throw lawyers at me.

 

KELLY CLARKSON

 

"What's that?" Pam said, leaning towards Jim in the elevator.

 

"What?" Jim said, dropping his hand. His iPod now dangled loosely between his fingers at his hip. "Nothing."

 

"What do you mean nothing?" Pam said smiling up at him with a giggle in her eyes. One that was just dying to exit her mouth. She grabbed his hand and turned it towards her. The move had been such a shock that she pulled the iPod easily out of his hand.

 

His eyebrows lifted. "Nothing...Pam, give it."

 

"You can't just make me give it to you," she said sliding her thumb along the wheel..."What..."

 

"Oh...I can't?" Jim said in response to the challenge, reaching for it. He pulled it from her grasp.

 

"Let me see...Jim, don't be ashamed."

 

"I'm not ashamed."

 

"I think you are," Pam said, the giggle fit beginning now. "I think you're...you're so embarrassed that you have a Kelly Clarkson song on your iPod."

 

"Shut up....you haven't even heard this song - you don't know."

 

"Oh really?...Well let me hear it....then I'll know," she said doubling over slightly as she clutched her stomach.

 

"So immature," he said staring up at the descending numbers on the elevator console.

 

"I'm not the one who's hiding his iPod...let me see..."

 

"No. Stop."

 

"Are you listening to Miss Independent?" Pam said following him when the elevator doors finally opened. Jim placed the buds in his ears and pretended not to hear her anymore.

 

But, it was time for lunch and they were going to Cujinos, so Pam skipped along behind him.

 

"I don't know why you're following me...you're totally walking there."

 

"Jim...please....I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Be my boyfriend again."

 

"No. We're through."


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans