- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Don't sue. I don't own them...just a little obsessed with them. Which is your own fault...so again - don't sue.

"Wow...really?" Jim said tugging off his tennis shoes.

 

Pam looked up from where she'd been re-tucking the blanket beneath their mattress. "Oh...no," she said shaking her head, a shy smile on her face as she blew her bangs away. "I just...I just like to do this."

 

"Hmm...that's interesting. I mean I made the bed this morning before I went to the game...and now - now you're making it again?....Did you take a nap, Pam?"

 

"No...I just..." she shrugged innocently. "It's just fun."

 

"Oh...it's just fun?" Jim said, mimicking her shrug. "How's that exactly?"

 

"Well...I mean no...just if - just if it's a little...wonky."

 

"Wonky?"

 

"No, I mean the blanket was like peaking out from underneath the comforter...you see how it's supposed to like meet the edge of the bed skirt?" Pam said demonstrating. "So if the blanket is covering the...what?" She said pausing at the expression of amusement on his face. "This is not a thing!"

 

"Oh no Pam, it is most definitely a thing."

 

"No!"

 

"No yeah...absolutely it's a thing...listen, we have to be honest with one another. It was your idea to start the list of things that we find weird about one another...which...is also a thing, by the way...I mean the list.......way weird."

 

"I hate you."

 

"No...it's ok though. Because I know now that you are really, really weird when it comes to the bed....Hospital corners at all times - I get it."

 

Pam pushed her tongue into her cheek and stood to her full height. She crossed her arms over her chest. "Ok well, I wouldn't have to do this if you had just made it the right way in the first place...I'm just saying."

 

"Total freak."

 

Pam gasped.

 

"No...I mean, the bed was perfectly acceptable to everyday standards."

 

"What the heck are everyday standards?"

 

"The standards Pam. The standards of acceptable bed making quality, set forth by the Committee for Household Chore Practices and Standards."

 

Pam giggled. "I didn't realize there was such a committee."

 

"Then how on Earth can you possibly know that you're bed making skills are up to code?"

 

"I know what this bed is not up to code for anymore...and that's me having sex with you."

 

Jim licked his lips, folded his arms across his chest on the opposite side of the bed. "Oh...really? Would you rather we do it in the kitchen? That's interesting Pam....not sure how I feel about that  - sharp utensils, open flame...but still - I'm flexible."

 

She tried not to grin. Succeeded in suppressing it. "No...that's not exactly what I meant -

 

"The bathroom?....Kinda cramped," Jim said grimacing.

 

"No -

 

"Living room? Oh right...you like to do it when Larry King is on....so weird,"  Jim added quietly. "Makes me feel dirty."

 

"Shut up!" Pam said, losing it then and dissolving into a fit of giggles.

 

"No Pam, come on....it's ok," he said rounding the bed then. She tried to move away but he closed the gap quickly. He made a grab for her. "Everybody gets turned on by different things..." she dodged him, jumped to the side, but he blocked her from moving to the other side of the bed. "No really...it's ok."

 

She looked around - tried exiting to the side once more... "I'm sorry, where were you trying to go?" Jim said grinning. "Because I'm pretty sure you can't move..."

 

She squealed, as he trapped her against it. The backs of her knees hit the edge of the bed behind her. It was a dare. She knew it...

 

"You could go around the bed," Jim continued to taunt her. Payback for her ‘making' him get over his toe-sock phobia. "Oh...but no you can't because I'm trapping you...hmm....wow -  di-lem-ma."

 

Pam whipped around suddenly and in a bold moved, climbed up on top of the bed, mussing the comforter she'd just spent smoothing out.

 

"Oh my God Pam! You're totally messing up the bed! What the hell are we gonna do now!" Jim yelled.

 

Feeling daring and startlingly crazy about him, suddenly she was jumping on it...over and over again like a little kid.

 

"Pam...Pam stop it. Pam...did you pay no attention to the monkies at all?.....Pam, if you don't stop...Listen, I'm going to have to come up there and there's no telling what I'll do...seriously Pam - stop."

 

She shook her head. "Make me."

 

"Unacceptable," Jim said on a sigh of disappointment. "Pam...this is going to hurt me a lot more than it's going to hurt you..." and then he followed her up on top of the bed, capturing her around the waist. Squealing and laughter followed quickly....

 

Whispers and sighs followed later...because Jim didn't do much jumping. He just touched her a lot...stroked...kissed...ignited...

 

After awhile the bed became very, very messy...and it was the weirdest thing - Pam didn't seem to mind.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans