- Text Size +
Story Notes:

 

I thought this would be a one-shot, but I'm considering continuing it as a series of vignettes.

Author's Chapter Notes:
and the way they sound

 

Sometimes he gets nervous while she’s dressing.

“Um, do you really think…” His throat constricts as he stares at the wall, trying to avoid the inevitable. “Do you really think that’s appropriate for work?” He’s half teasing, half deadly serious.

“…It’s a blouse, Jim.” Her voice is lilting, filled with amusement, and he chokes on a startled laugh.

“I know but… You’re… “Showing” an awful lot.” He actually makes air quotes, then stares at his hands like they’re not his own. Idiot. She is not showing an awful lot and he knows it.

It’s terrifying, but it wouldn’t matter if she wore a muumuu, he’d still be unable to keep his mind off what’s underneath. So at inappropriate times he will want to grab her, kiss her, touch her, and it will be all that stupid blouses fault.

“You make it sound like I should be trying to hide a pregnancy. Though, if you’re referring to these…” She waves airily at her chest, and he waits for it…. There it is: the soft, pink glow that infuses her cheeks during daylight hours.

At night it’s different, she is wild with abandon. But as soon as the sun comes out she is reserved, infinitely more shockable, a trait which he enjoys manipulating.

“That shirt is gonna make me want to “refer to those” at very, very wrong moments.” He makes the air quotes again, and she rolls her eyes, beginning to unbutton the top.

“What is that? Is that some weird, new thing you’re going to do now?” She turns her back to him, stripping off the offending shirt and tossing it onto the bed next to him. He licks his lips and stares at the smooth skin of her back, his hands itching to reach out lightning quick and unsnap her bra.

“What are you doing, Beesly? You’re upsetting my delicate, daytime sensibilities.” He tries to grab her waist but she is slippery, too fast for him, and she squirms away, dashing to the other side of the room.

“You’re the one who’s making me change! This is- This is your punishment.” She nods succinctly and smirks, though the blush never fails to make an appearance.

“The word ‘punishment’ embarrasses you too?” He cocks an eyebrow and she looks away, her bottom lip sliding between her teeth. He grins widely, wiping his sweating palms on his pants.

“Oh it definitely does! This is excellent.” There are a bevy of words that shock Pam, and Jim has made it his job to catalogue each and every one.

“Could this be on the same level as… Naughty?” He shoots a quick, bemused glance her way while she groans and hunches her shoulders, twisting like she’s touched something slimy.

“Don’t! It isn’t funny!” But it is funny, and kind of sexy, the way these words make her gasp and writhe.

“No, this is your punishment for trying to wear that shirt to work.” He nods sharply at the word punishment, then pantomimes yawning as she shrieks, faking an immunity to her reaction.

“It’s just a normal blouse!” She yanks another one down from a hanger and pulls it on hastily, buttoning it to the very top. She turns around huffily and stalks over to him, hands on her hips.

“Better?” He looks up into her annoyed face, than lets his gaze travel down over her body.

“No.” He responds huskily, standing up and pulling her hard against him. “But it’ll have to do.” He leans down to kiss her, and he’s almost reacher her lips when she pulls away, dancing toward the door.

“Come along then, Halpert. We wouldn’t want to be late.”

Chapter End Notes:

 

let me know if you liked it. or hated it. or were bored by it. or want to marry it. or want to revise the hell out of it. or already have, in your head.



false_palindrome is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 7 members. Members who liked This I Could Remember also liked 2555 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans