- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is just a little transitional chapter to set up the big trip. More to come soon!

I own nothing. It really makes me sad.
Jim was busy perusing the Hunting & Outdoors section at Wal-Mart when his cellphone rang. It was a Dunder-Mifflin call, so he figured it must be Pam.

He was stunned to hear the voice on the other end.

"Jim, this is Angela."

"Uh, hi. Is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine. I just heard that you are going hunting with Dwight. I have a proposition for you." Angela's voice sounded a little devious. Jim was intrigued.

"I know that you play stupid, immature pranks on Dwight all the time. I imagine this weekend will be no exception," Angela told him.

"I don't know if I would say they're stupid pranks...."

"Please, Jim. All pranks are stupid."

That settled that.

Angela continued on. "You know how strongly I feel about animals."

"Sure. I know you really love your cats and don't eat meat."

"I find killing animals reprehensible, and I think hunting is horrible and barbaric," Angela said.

"But Dwight loves it," Jim said, seeing if she would take the bait.

"Yes, he does," Angela said tersely.

"So, no offense here, but can you cut to the chase? I'm trying to decide if camouflage is needed this weekend."

"Yes, very well. I want you to do what you can to make sure no animals are killed this weekend. If you must make it into one of your pranks, so be it," Angela said.

"Wow. Am I supposed to keep this little conversation to myself?" Jim asked.

"For now. I plan to tell him after you thwart his hunting mission so he knows the extent of my disapproval," Angela told him.

Jim pondered this. He hadn't really thought at any point he would actually make it hunting. He felt fairly sure Pam would bail him out. But the thought of being on a mission fron Angela and the possibilities of messing with Dwight were beginning to make things more interesting.

Plus, he had an idea for payback for Pam.

"I will do my best, Angela. But only if you do something for me."

"Fine. What is it?"

"Pam is going to be alone this weekend now, and I know she'll get lonely. Can you make sure she's never alone all weekend?"

"I can do that," Angela told him.

"Excellent. Then I will make sure no deers are harmed during our deer hunting trip."

With that, there was a dial tone on the other end. Apparently Angela wasn't one for goodbyes.

Jim shook his head. It was going to be an odd weekend.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks to those who reviewed! I really appreciate it.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans