- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The first glimmer of Jam-ness :D

Interior of the main office area. Jim leans on Pam's desk, holding a sheet of paper.

JIM: Well, I for one, think this is way overdue.

PAM: Oh? Why's that?

JIM: Well, now I won't have to stay up at night worrying about whether or not you're going to sue me...

Pam joins in for the final words

PAM & JIM: over our love

JIM: Jinx!

Pam sighs and pushes her open coke can towards Jim.

JIM: That's cheap, Beesly. But, I guess I'll allow it.

PAM: Of course you will. If you want to "stay up late" tonight, or any other night...

As Pam finishes her sentence, she notices the cameras for the first time. Her face turns beet red. Jim turns and sees the cameras too. He smiles, turns back to Pam and winks, then begins walking back to his desk.

JIM: Catch ya' later, Beesly.

Pam and Jim share a Talking Head in the break room

JIM: Uh, yeah. Pam and I have been seeing each other. I broke up with Karen after my job interview last May.

PAM: We had a lot to talk about. And, uh, I won't bore you with the details. But we worked a lot of stuff out, and...yeah.

JIM: We've been trying to keep things quiet. Partially out of respect for Karen...but, mostly because, well, because of Michael.

PAM: Anyway, you know how things are here. Today Toby handed us this form and said we had to register with HR. So...I guess the secret's out.

Phyllis timidly peers around the corner.

PHYLLIS: Sorry to interrupt. Michael wants us all in the conference room to talk more about our "Design Plans".

PAM: Oh, okay, thanks Phyllis.

Pam gets up and begins following Phyllis out, motioning to Jim.

JIM: [to Pam] Yeah, hang on I'll meet you in there.

Pam and Phyllis walk out and Jim shuts the door, turning back to the cameras.

JIM: Okay, so I just have to tell someone. [He pulls out a small box from his pocket. Inside is a beautiful engagement ring set in white gold. Two small rubies rest on either side of the princess cut diamond. Jim grins broadly.] I'm going to ask Pam to marry me tonight.

Chapter End Notes:

la la la!!! Okay so it's totally improbable, but whatever. It was fun to write. Hope it's fun to read. Please review!!

Coming up next...A brainstorming meeting and how Michael manages to screw up Jim's plans.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans