- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ah Micheal...

As Jim walks into the conference room, Michael is addressing the staff.

MICHAEL: So, bey-otches, tell me what you got. [the room is silent. Michael lets out a loud sigh] That's just...you know what...fine.  That's okay, because I actually have some fabulous ideas for my office.  I'm thinking...black lights, big speakers, maybe a disco ball?  Par-tay Central!

OSCAR: [standing up] Actually, Michael, I guess...I do have some suggestions.

OSCAR [talking head]: Yes, I should be offended.  I should refuse to decorate Michael's office.  But, I mean...a disco ball?  Someone had to step in.

Back in the conference room Michael clasps his hands together excitedly.

MICHAEL: Great! Oscar, stepping up, showing your true colors.  Oh, and speaking of colors...

Michael pulls out a think stack of paint samples and throws them at the office workers.  Stanley picks one off his crossword, letting it fall to the ground before continuing his puzzle.

MICHAEL: [continuing] So design team, you can pick the cullahs for the office.  Dwight, Andy and I will be heading to Home Depot at 5:00, so ladies...and Oscar...make all the final decisions about colors and furniture and...stuff...by then.  You'll all go home, change, whatever, and meet back here at 6:00 sharp!

JIM: [shoots a worried look to the camera] So, we're doing this...tonight?   And it's mandatory?

MICHAEL: Um, yes.  Because A) we don't pay you to decorate offices.

JIM: So we're doing this tonight, on our own time, it's mandatory, and we don't get paid.

MICHAEL: [ignoring Jim's last statement] ...and 2) because Jan has been living at my condo for... a really long time.  I just need a night...not there...okay, Jim?  Not all of us can have gorgeous, perfect, naturally-full-breasted women for girlfriends. [Pam cringes at this last sentene] Plus, it's going to be really really fun.  We'll have a paint fight, order some 'za, maybe get a little wasted...

MERIDETH: Yes! I am there.

Later, Jim and Pam sit, quietly arguing, in the break room.

JIM: No, Pam, he's gone too far. This is ridiculous.  There's no way we're going to waste our whole night with this.

PAM: Aw, come on.  It won't be that bad. We'll get some free pizza and beer, and it's not like we have anything better to do tonight, right? [Jim looks pathetically towards the camera, trying to find some sympathy] Plus, someone has to make sure Michael doesn't inhale too many paint fumes.

As Pam finishes her speech,  she looks at Jim with the puppy dog eyes and sweet smile she knows he can't resist.  He responds by shaking his head and sighing.

JIM: You're so insane, Beesly.  But if you insist on putting yourself through this torture, I guess I have no choice.

Pam smiles triumphantly.

PHYLLIS [talking head]: Bobby's visiting his brother, Bill Vance of Vance Pool Supply, this weekend up in Albany.  So, I guess I'll come. [she smiles] I love "While You Were Out".

ANGELA [talking head]: As the head of the newly formed Design Committee, it is my duty to attend, if only to ensure that Michael's office is decorated as taste and modesty dictate.

STANLEY [talking head]: I'm going home to my family.  And I'm not coming back until Monday, when they'll pay me for it.  

Chapter End Notes:
please please please review!!!


MrsLloyderineHalpert is the author of 12 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked While You Were Out: Scranton Style also liked 1445 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans