- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Written for the "Unconventional Pairings" challenge at Office_Romances.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Meredith waits most of the morning, and Creed is finally at his desk, Ryan in the break room. Since Kelly is between Ryan and the door, Meredith knows she has a few minutes of privacy.

She carries a manila folder for cover, and moves to Creed’s desk.

“What’s up, Marilyn?” he asks.

Meredith,” she replies. “The check is late again.”

He taps his pencil. Looks to her for clarification.

“The check?” she repeats.

“Oh, yeahyeahyeah, the check. How about cash? That okay?”

He empties his pockets. She sees post-its, a guitar pick, half a bagel. He finds the money, smoothes it, hands it to her.

She puts it in the folder. “I’ll tell Jakey you said ‘hi,’ okay?”

He blinks once, twice.

“Who?”



ElizabethLynn is the author of 11 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Guitar Pick also liked 33 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans