- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Song lyrics from "Sober" by Kelly Clarkson.
[i don’t know, this could break my heart or save me]

He says he loves her because he knows if he doesn’t, he will be waiting the rest of his life for her, even after she’s married and happy and it’s far too late.

He says it because it slips out: the words tumble over his lips so fast he doesn’t know he’s thinking them.

He says it because it’s almost easier than telling her he’s leaving.

He says it for this and all the reasons he ever imagined he would, dreaming of her under the cool sheets of the bed he sleeps in alone.

[wake up]

>>

[at the end of this road i might catch a glimpse of me]

She says she loves him because he’s hers, now, and the timing’s finally right, and there’s no one stopping them: not Roy, not Karen, not their stupid selves or anyone else.

She says it because his smile is so radiant she can see it in the dark, and it somehow makes her heart both stop and beat faster, all at the same time.

She says it because the stars are so close she thinks she might touch them, and he’s there and she’s here and she can.

She says it for this and all the reasons she can think of (and even the ones she can’t), over and over again in his arms under the warm sheets of the bed they share.

[wake up]
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading!


awesomeblossom is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Kept the Flowers also liked 2210 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans