- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I own nothing. for realsies.
Michael: “Alright, so what are we doing?”


Michael looked around at everyone’s faces with an anticipated smile till he found Angela’s permanent frown.

Angela: “You were the one who was supposed to plan that. You said you were the only one who could make watching someone else have a baby fun.”

Michael: “Well, yes, Angela, but you’re the Party Planning Committee or whatever so, alright. Improvise. What I do best,” he said as he smiled to the camera. “You know what we’re going to do? Let’s go around and say all the times we thought Pam was pregnant.”


Andy laughed loudly at this, but was immediately quieted by Toby and Oscar warning Michael that he was over the line.

Michael: “Oh shut up Toby. Why don’t you just leave? This must be depressing for you seeing as you’re probably banned from seeing your daughter because you sold crack to her friends or something. And Oscar, I know you want to be able to get pregnant, but that’s just not happening today. But Toby, seriously, your kinda creeping me out being here with all this baby stuff. I bet you get off just looking at Pam’s stomach.”


Toby just rolled his eyes and looked down at the floor. Pam felt really bad for him and wanted to yell at Michael, but she couldn’t;she was just really tired. She really didn’t want to be doing all this right now, but she wasn’t really shocked that this was going on. Pam was actually surprised that Michael waited this long to throw a party for her. She thought the minute he found out she was expecting he would invite her and the whole office for some Awesome Blossoms or something.

Michael: “Ok, fine, let’s just do something else. I mean what do we do at these things? Meredith you have like 7 kids. Whatsa goin down?”

Meredith: “Um, well, my girlfriends did this thing where there’s a sheet of paper with all these different features for the baby and the mom puts down what she features from the mom and the dad she wants for her baby and everyone else guesses-“

Michael: “Psh, boooring. There’s no like strip poker or something? Come on. Alright, you what? You women stay here. I’m taking Jim and the rest of the men out since these are his last days of freedom.”

Jim: “Oh, um, maybe I should stay here with Pam-“


When Jim looked at Pam, she just rolled her eyes, her secret way of telling him to just give in a go. She could make it by herself for one day.

But Jim didn’t want to leave. He wanted to stay with her and just joke around with her and laugh at the stupid games Meredith suggested or Kelly insisting that they name their kid Jennifer Hudson Usher Ashton Kutcher Suri whatever. And as he looked into her bright green eyes, he thought about everything he wanted his baby to have: her smile, her eyes, her skin, her hair, her everything. Maybe his ability to play pranks on certain beet farmers. But he wanted nothing else than for his baby to be perfect – just like Pam.

Michael: “Nope, Jimbo, you’re coming with us. You can let her go for one day. It’s not like people have been pouncing on her for the last 9 months anyway…”


Jim just gave one of those looks to the camera, then the same one to Pam, and walked out the door with the rest of the men.

***************************************************************************************************


*With the boys*

Michel had everyone pile into Oscar’s SUV. Jim was pissed off already, and it just got worse when Michael started driving down the Parkway not telling them where they were going. Jim knew Michael didn’t know either.

Oscar: “Michael, where are we going?”

Michael: “We are going wherever the road takes us. Look!”


Michael pointed to a sign reading PHILADELPHIA: 35 MILES

Toby: “We’re going to Philadelphia?”


Everyone could hear a muffled “Yes!” under Dwight’s voice.

Michael: “No, Toby, we’re going to Philadelphia and we’re dropping you off in the outskirts.”


The car fell silent for about 15 minutes until Andy started humming. Michael joined in singing “Midnight Train to Georgia”, while Dwight tried to catch up with them. Everyone just dealt with it until they entered the city 20 minutes later. They just sort of drove around until Michael saw a movie theater.

Michael: “Look! That .. movie is playing there.

Kevin: “What movie?”

Michael: “That ..big.. movie, Kevin.”

Kevin: “Do you even know who’s in it?”

Michael: “Yes, Kevin, I do. God, lay off. If I didn’t know better I’d think you have a crush on me. Not that that’s bad. It’s great. I just don’t want Oscar to get jealous.”


They pulled into the parking lot. Jim walked off to the side, calling the office, but no one picked up. Michael called him over and gave him the ticket .

Jim: “We’re seeing Titanic?”

Michael: “Yes, Jim, it's the 10th anniversary of the best movie ever.”

Jim: “Titanic is your favorite movie?”

Michael: “Didn’t say that. Ok everyone, pick a seat, turn off your phones, and enjoy the mo-vay.”


Jim plopped down in one of the back seats a few rows behind Dwight; atleast throwing popcorn at the back of his head could keep him occupied. He pulled out his phone to turn it off but saw that it had already run out of battery. He shoved it back into his pocket and tried not to fall asleep.

***************************************************************************************************


*In the office*

About an hour had gone by starting with playing those dumb baby games and ending with Angela explaining how when her cousin had her daughter, it was the most beautiful thing to see. Especially when the parents held the baby with wedding rings on their fingers.

Phyllis: “So, what else is there to do?”

Meredith: “Alright, who wants a little braandyy?”


She pulled out a suspicious looking flask from her pocket. Pam’s eyes instinctively looked for Jim, but quickly realized he had left.

Angela: “Meredith!”
Meredith: “Oh, shut up, Angela. Come on, Pam. A little drink for good luck?”

Pam: “Meredith, I’m 8 ½ months pregnant.”

Meredith: “So? It’s dark liquor. It’s not really alcohol. I drank it through my whole pregnancy with Dylan and he turned out fine. You just can’t have it in your last two weeks. Everyone knows that.”


Kelly looked up for the first time all morning after staring at all the baby toys on the table.

Kelly: “Isn’t your kid’s name Jake?”

Meredith: “So, how ‘bout it Pammy?”

Pam: “Um, I don’t think so. I just really have to go to the bathroom-“



And right then, just when she stood up, it happened. She had no idea that much water was in her body.


Pam: “Oh, my god. My water just broke.”
Chapter End Notes:
told ya it was gonna get good (-:

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans