- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
a little shoutout to my favorite movie ever (;

oh and i own nothing. especially titanic.


Kelly: “Ewwww!” she squealed when she saw what was going on.


Pam looked up to the women of the office. Everyone just kind of stood there, staring at her. Pam had no idea what she was doing – she needed some help.

Pam: “Wow, um, ok, I guess I gotta go the hospital –“

Phyllis: “Should we call Jim?”

Pam: “Yeah, yeah could someone do that? Um – “


Pam looked around to find someone who could safely drive her to the hospital. Her eyes fell upon Angela

Pam: “Angela, could you help me? I just need a ride to the hospital. I’ll tell Jim to grab my bags later.”


Angela just rolled her eyes and grabbed her keys. She thought everyone would be a little more helpful in this situation, but all the women looked kind of disgusted. Meredith stepped up after realizing no one was going to help Pam to the car. She grabbed Pam’s hand and started to lead her out of the office.

Phyllis: “Wait, Pam. Jim’s phone is off.”

Pam: “Really? Um, ok, did you try anyone else’s?”


They called everyone in the office: Dwight’s, Oscar’s, Toby’s, and Michael’s phones were all off, Kevin and Stanley’s were left in the office, and no one knew what Creed’s number was, if he even had one.

Pam: “Well, what am I going to do? I can’t just wait for him here. Should I?”

Phyllis: “No, you go, me and Kelly will wait here.”


Pam gave a little half smile to the two women and walked out the door. This was really happening… and Jim wasn’t even there. She always imagined it all happening in the privacy of their own home, Jim helping her down the stairs, Jim driving them to the hospital while she sat in the backseat, watching him freak out. Watching Angela give disapproving glances through the rear view mirror wasn’t quite as fun.

As they went into the hospital, Pam pulled out her phone. She noticed it was 11:57; Jim had been gone for nearly 3 hours. She dialed Jim’s number, but it went straight to voicemail. A wave of worry flushed over her before she was interrupted by a nurse ushering her into a wheelchair.

Nurse: “Ma’am, is your husband with you?”

Angela: “No, she doesn’t have a husband. Her flavor of the week is out God knows where on a boys’ day out.”


Pam rolled her eyes to the nurse.

Pam: “He, um, he’ll be here. He’s just out with his coworkers. Is there any way someone here can contact him?”

Nurse: “Sure. Now let’s get you back here. Who’s your doctor?”

Pam: “Dr. Sklar. Angela, thanks so much. Here’s my phone. Just try to get Jim, ok?”


Angela gave Pam a little look and took the phone. As they wheeled Pam away, she grabbed her stomach after she felt the contractions coming. She kept telling herself that she had enough time for Jim to get there, but something told her that she didn’t.

***************************************************************************


*With the boys*

Jim had slept through the whole first half of the movie. The big collision scene woke him up, and after that he kind of got sucked into the movie. He realized that Michael had moved to the seat next to him, probably for emotional support for the end of the movie.

There’s a boat, Jack, there’s a boat … …I’ll never let go, I promise.

Jim could hear Michael sniffling. He knew Michael had seen this movie over 20 times and probably cried every time.

Jim: “Are you crying?”

Michael: “no, it’s just allergies-“


Jim rolled his eyes and slumped in his chair until the credits started rolling with that infamous Celine Dion song. He pulled out his phone to check the time but remembered that it had run out of battery. As they walked out he nudged Toby’s arm.

Jim: “Hey man, do you know what time it is?”


Toby pulled out his phone and gave it to Jim. He turned it on and found it was about 1:30. Then it started buzzing with a voicemail message.

Jim: “Hey, you have a voicemail.” >br>
Toby: “Oh, here-“


Toby grabbed the phone and held down the 1 button. As he listened to the message, his face fell. He was nauseas, sad, anxious, excited. And he knew Jim couldn’t tell; Toby had gotten really good at just keeping that sullen face on all the time.

Jim: “Was it the office?”


Toby looked down at the floor and almost smiled. He knew he should tell Jim, but this was payback. Or jealousy .. same thing.

Toby: “Nope.”


Kelly’s message on his phone about how Pam’s water broke and how Jim needed to get to the hospital and that she and Phyllis were leaving for the rest of the day kept replaying in his head. Toby smiled when Jim walked away. Yeah, payback.



Chapter End Notes:




Might be a day or 2 before I can get all these thoughts for chapter 4 into writing (:

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans