- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I still own nothing.
“I’m sorry, Miss, your friend Angela isn’t out there,” the nurse replied remorsefully as Pam gripped the bed sheets to ease the pain.

“Shit,” she let out as she laid back in her bed. Pam knew labor wasn’t going to be easy, especially now without Jim by her side. But now no one, not even Angela, was here to comfort her. This was not a good day.

The nurse turned to Pam and forced a smile.

“Well, you’re still about five minutes apart. There’s still a lot of time, you know,” the nurse comforted her. Pam wanted to believe her so badly, but she really couldn’t turn to anyone right now. Even in this hospital filled with doctors and nurses looking out for her, Pam had never felt so alone.


**With the Boys**

47 minutes and 34, 35, 36 seconds.
Jim counted every second he sat on the side of the road instead of being beside Pam’s side. He just had to listen to Pam. He just had to go on this excursion. He couldn’t just stay there, at the office, for what, an hour? If he had just been more assertive, Jim would be happily offering his hand for Pam to squeeze as the birth of their baby took place. Jim dug the palms of his hands deeper into his eye sockets. He cursed himself for being such a pushover.

He thought he heard a car pull over. But Jim had already tired his neck from looking up every 10 seconds, hoping to find Angela’s angry face glaring down all the men. He just kept his head in his hands, counting, 49 minutes..

When Jim heard the voice, he was convinced it was just his mind going crazier than already. But when all the men replied, Jim had to look up just once to make sure it wasn’t a hallucination. Oh, shit.

Roy.

“Hey man,” Roy said quietly to Jim as all the men formed in a circle. Jim could barely keep his mouth closed. He hadn’t seen Roy since that day he almost killed him. Jim had no idea if he knew…

“What are you guys doing out here?” Roy asked with a huge grin on his face. The scenario was obviously humorous to him. Nothing had really changed since he last walked out of that office.

“It was pretty crazy actually,” Michael started as everyone rolled their eyes, “we were driving back from the city and all of the sudden there was this bump, and the car started to skid-“

“Michael, no it didn’t,” Oscar interrupted.

“You know what, Oscar, you weren’t drive, okay? I controlled the car from spinning out of control. I saved your life today, and this is how you repay me? Ungrateful,” Michael shook his head in disappointment. Dwight stared down Oscar and copied Michael’s movements. Roy rolled his eyes and started to say something just as Jim pulled on his arm.

“Oh, hey Halpert,” Roy responded kindly. Jim tried not to be rude right now. Roy really seemed to be genuinely nice now.

“Roy, look, I gotta get back to Scranton. Do you think you can drive me?” Jim asked as he rubbed the back of his neck. He tried to make the situation seem much less urgent than it was so Roy wouldn’t question into it.

“Uh, yeah man, I’m on my way back there. Shouldn’t you just stay for AAA, though?” Roy and Jim looked to the group of men from the office fighting a brown bagged lunch as Creed wondered into the woods.

“Yeah I’ll drive you,” Roy responded quickly before they turned to Roy’s truck. The men from the office didn’t notice Jim and Roy leaving until the car tires skidded onto the road and rushed out into the distance.

“Some day, huh?” Roy said as they made their distance from the broken car.
“You have no idea,” Jim replied with a sigh.
Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are lovely! I should be done in a chapter or two. (:

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans