- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter named after this awesome store on South Street here in Philly. I don't own it, obviously, as I still own nothing
Roy gripped the steering wheel as Jim and he soaked up the silence. It was awkward, no doubt, but Jim’s mind seemed to be elsewhere. Roy opened his mouth a few times to start conversation, but nothing seemed to be right. No matter what, the topic of Pam would come up, and Roy knew that Jim wanted to avoid it as much as he did. Then a tired voice surprised him.

“Thanks a lot for this, man,” Jim turned to look at Roy. Roy smiled and shrugged as he turned onto the ramp.

“It’s cool. I was headed back out to Scranton anyway,” Roy replied casually.

“Yeah? What have you been up to lately? I haven’t seen you around…” Jim shifted in his seat and immediately regretted his question.

“Oh, yeah. I have this kinda crazy schedule now. My friend owns a contracting business so I’ve been doing a lot of that,” Roy told Jim. Roy really seemed to have gotten his act together: he was driving a new truck, a cell phone was clipped to his belt, and he was clean shaven and actually in good shape. Jim felt almost guilty that this happened after Pam left him, but both men knew that break up needed to happen.

“That’s good, man. I’m glad to hear it,” Jim smiled and turned to look outside the window.

“So what’s so urgent that you needed to rush back to Scranton?” Roy asked with a coy smile. Jim turned reluctantly to meet Roy’s eyes and tried to think of a good lie. Nothing.

“Um, I got an urgent call from Pam .. well, Angela, actually, and, yeah. Everything’s fine, I just –“ Jim started to stumble over his words.

“I got it, man. Darryl told me a while ago you guys are together .. and she’s pregnant. Is everything alright?” Roy asked with pure concern. Even if Pam had dumped him for Halpert, even if she was knocked up right now, he would still always care deeply for her.

“Yeah, Angela just called and said she went into labor, so, I’m kinda on the edge of freakin’ out,” Jim said with half-crazy eyes.

“Holy shit man, why didn’t you tell me?” Roy said as he pushed his foot harder on the pedal. The little orange dial raised quickly around the circle to 60, 70, 85 miles per hour.

“Whoa, man, slow down,” Jim said alarmingly as the cars next to them turned into a mess of blurs.

“Seriously, Jim? Come on! You gotta be there! You can’t make the same stupid mistakes I-“

Crash, bang, boom. Blackness.
Chapter End Notes:
!! Short, I know. Should have next chapter up tomorrow! (Recovering from jaw surgery leaves you nothing but time and silence to think. Yay?) Please review!

ALSO - I'm still in need of a beta. Please contact me if you're willing to help! Thanks!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans