- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the slight delay. It's a shortie .. but really which one of my chapters isn't?
The murming in the background broke open his eyes. The bed beneath him shook, and as he tried to sit up, hidden wires tugged on his body.

“Sir, please sit still,” a woman’s voice commanded. The small room he was in seemed to be spinning, closing in. His head pounded at every thump his heart struggled to beat. It was too much to open his eyes. He sat there in hot darkness as the people in the shaky room shouted nonsense lingo at each other.

“Mercy’s too crowded from the pile up, we gotta bring him to MTH-“
“That’s almost 20 minutes away!”
”We’re getting into Lackawana County now. It’s the only other hospital.”
“His vitals are stabilizing.”

He heard the beeping grow steadier. His eyes felt like bursting when he opened them, and he was overcome with nausea. A tall metal stand beside him held a bag dripping liquid down one of the many tubs attached to his body. His eyes closed again.

Banging on the wall.

“Frank, how far away are we?”
“About 15. We’re goin as fast as we can, Rose.”

The shaky room jumped and he somewhat remembered the feeling. Car. A car. He was in a car.

"How is he?"
"Pretty bad.. air bag didn't deploy.."
"How's the other guy?"
"The MEDIVAC should have gotten him by now.."

He felt hands fixing his tubes, squeezing his wrists, calling some words.
The voices rang in his ear and his stomach turned. They repeated what they were saying and he opened his eyes.

“Jim? Jim Halpert? Can you say something for me?” the paramedic standing before him asked.

He blinked his eyes.

“Who’s Jim Halpert?”
The words thumped in head as he spoke them and he passed out.
Chapter End Notes:
He has amnesia! BAH!


mapetiteange is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 8 members. Members who liked A Long Day also liked 1273 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans