- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Truth or Dare.
Truth: You love him, you can’t deny it.
Dare: Step out of your shell and tell him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


He beats her to the punch, though. On a May night, he makes the move.
Truth: You hide in your shell.
Dare: Find a new one.
You pick the truth, and instantly realize that maybe the dare was better.
You see his broken heart all in his eyes. You see him and you, together- effortlessly, perfectly together. You see you, as you should be, with him.
Truth or Dare, Pam?
Truth: You’ll make up your mind, someday.
Dare: Make it up now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So her dare took a little longer to accomplish. And it led to many other chances. And finally, the chance to look at him, and know that she played right.
She can’t help but keep looking at him. He notices, occasionally, and it becomes a challenge-who will back down first?
She always wins. She has spent her whole life looking away, looking away from what was right in front of her. She can’t believe that he’s hers. And that she’s his.
But of course, Jim has always been hers. She wonders how she didn’t see it, his longing need for her…her longing need for him.
She realizes one day, in his eyes of course, that she was just too familiar with this sense of Jim, that she didn’t take a second look at it. Until she loved him, and the complications that would inevitably arrive. Because of him. For him.
She thinks a lot during work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's no surprise that one day he offers a challenge with the favorite game she plays with herself. A little Truth or Dare. Why not?

 

Fancy New Beesley can always win. 

Chapter End Notes:

Title names will be song names, much like cliched Grey's Anatomy (etc.) titles :)

But that's only if I continue on... your reviews will let me know if I should.

I'm also looking for a beta...?


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans