- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

There has been major revamping to this story. Go check out Chapter One (How We Operate) again, because it's been edited. Hopefully by the time you've read this :).

Big thanks to those who inspired me at the OfficeTally chatroom to keep writing.

 

Even if I did own these characters, I wouldn't be making that much from NBC, due to the writers strike. But I don't own them anyway...so...

It all began with a simple contest.

“Truth or dare, my darling,” Jim proclaimed mockingly, handing Pam a can of Grape Soda. “Ah, yes, the terms of endearment…that’s always a plus with your girlfriend,” she giggled. “You didn’t answer the question, oh lovely Pamala,” he continued to jest. Pam knew he was up to something no good, and she was definitely loving it. “Dare, your annoying Jimness.” He smiled over his own can of soda, and after taking a swing, dramatically placed it on the table and said “I dare you to…” he laughs, losing his dramatic effect. She laughs with him, just because she can. A quick thought enters her mind, and she acts upon it before he can issue her challenge.

“Wait! Terms and conditions, oh mighty challenge…issue…er…” The both continue to laughing, bathing in the happiness that is them. Finally, regaining composure, Jim says seriously “I realize that we haven’t talked…about us.”

The once completely relaxed vibe that had been floating around the room quickly left; in it’s place a thick, stuffy silence ensued.

Jim looked to Pam’s nervous face and sensed that he needed to clarify. Taking her hand quickly, he said “I’m not breaking up with you. All of this…us…is real. And I don’t want it to change at all.” She looked up and smiled at him, but let him continue. “But I know there are both things that have been unsaid, and I think…actually, I know….that this will be a much funner way to do this.”

Pam still grinned, agreeing with him mentally, but saying “Funner isn’t a word, Jim.” Jim took this as his invitation to complete the rules. “A Truth means that you must answer-completely truthfully-a question that pertains to anything involving us, what has been or what will be,” Jim said mock-seriously, returning to his goofy attempt at being sage. “Punishment if not being truthful?” Pam mused. “There will be one,” Jim said, “and it will be horrible. So horrible, in fact, I can’t even speak of it. And that’s partially because I don’t know what the consequence is. So…just be truthful. Deal?” Pam nodded vigorously.

“Now a Dare,” Jim said, “is a challenge. Between us. And it is the ultimate showdown between pranksters.” Pam giggled at his intensity, but he continued on. “Whoever wins gets ultimate title. If the person who is issued the challenged completes it successfully, they pick a dare for the person who issued it. Once both persons do their challenge, they must revert to truth.” Pam nodded but then added “But you can stay on truth for as long as you like-like, you can do round after round of truth without switching back to dare, but once I chose to switch to dare, you have to complete one.”

Jim said “Well, Pam, who said you get to go first?” He smiled at her, but Pam said in all seriousness listed “you issued the challenge, so that means I go first. I’m the girlfriend, which means I go first, And…I know when enough is enough with dares. So…I need that special power.” She takes a sip of her grape soda. “I’m very competitive,” she grinned sheepishly over her grape soda.

Jim smiled. “I know…this whole truth thing is gonna be pretty hard. I’m sure we’ll get creative.” He cleared his throat, and said in a stage whisper “Truth or dare, Pam?”

She got shivers at his intensity.

Chapter End Notes:

Reviews make me type much faster. Well, actually they don't. But I would like some suggestions for truth/dares that these two pranksters can play in the office. So suggestions on that would be great.

Chapter Title: Love Will Come through-Travis 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans