- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry about the delay, this has been typed up for awhile, however my poor beta got sick and couldn't do that beta thing. Thankfully, a lovely replacement beta has stepped up, checked out this next add, and we're ready to continue this little Post Halloween Special.
Jim watched Pam’s discomfort as she was working on her computer.

Going over, cape fluttering behind him, he leaned against her desk and looked down. “What’s wrong?”

She grimaced. “I don’t think I should have had my yogurt.” Looking up with some pain in her eyes, she was met with Jim’s ‘I told you so’ face. “Last night was just too much candy.”

“Hey, I wasn’t the one that scarfed down all of the little peanut butter cups.” He quibbled back, pointing a playful finger at her. “That. Was. You.” He have a silly smirk.

Pam’s eyes widened at the accusation. “Oh… no, no, no.” She gave out a wry little laugh. “This is your fault.”

Starbuck Dwight, from his desk, listened like a well trained spy.

“Nope.”

“Jim….”

“It was you.”

“But I didn’t open the bag of candy.”

“You cannot blame me!” He laughed. “It was you and your lack of self control.”

“I told you that candy was for the trick or treaters!” She whispered accusingly at him.

“And yet you proceeded to eat all of the peanut butter cups while watching Bones.” He countered quickly.

“You ate almost all of the Kit-kats.”

“But I left a few, there in lies the difference, Beesly. I didn’t give myself an epic sugar induced tummy ache. I….” Stopping, he turned around as there was an errie silence in the office. Super Jim and Miss DunderMifflin Receptionist found that almost the entire office was watching them.

Pam glanced to the side, confused as to why they were the center of attention, and saw Angela’s eyes from behind the partition. “Um…. What’s going on?”

Angela slid back down, her cat ears the last thing to disappear. “Nothing.”

Jim and Pam exchanged silent suspicion, and Jim went back to his desk.

Little Bo Peep Kelly popped out of her spot in the corner, looking around with her usual curiosity. Seeing Butterfly Phyllis getting up and heading to the break room, she followed.

Creed, Stanley, Merideth and Kevin followed too.

~%~%~%~%~%~

Kelly was bouncing up and down like someone had glued springs on her shoes.

“Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd!” She clapped her hands, drew in a deep breath, squeed, then continued. “Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! Ohmygawd! OH MY GAWD PAM’S PREGGERS!” Letting out another squee, her face seemed stuck with a permanent smile as she continued bouncing like an over strung Golden Retriever. “This. Is. So. Totally. Bananas.” She beamed, her cotton candy pink dress rustling and flouncing with her giddy movement. “Pam and Jim are gonna make cute babies! I mean, not as cute as mine and Ryan’s…. But the baby’s gonna be ah-dor-ra-ble! Oh my gawd what if she has twins?! Two cute babies!”


~%~%~%~%~%~

Stanley blinked at the camera, clearly, not caring.

“All I can say is they better start savin’ for college.”

~%~%~%~%~%~

Hobo Creed pondered thoughtfully.

“Pam. Who’s Pam?” He asked. Leaning back in his chair, he listened to the camera man, and his eyes lit up. “Ohhhh. You mean Penny. Penny’s having a baby? With who?” He nodded his head. “Well that’s nothing new. Many a child was conceived out of marriage in the sixties. I was a man of the sixties, traveled with a few bands as their driver. Best time I had was probably with the Grateful Dead… though I had a great time when I was with Jimi…. I met a lady named Janis when I was with him at Woodstock, followed her for awhile until I ended up staying at a commune.” He trailed off for a moment before focusing back. “I met quite a few ladies back then, no doubt I have a few out of wedlock running around between here and Haight Ashbury.”

~%~%~%~%~%~

Merideth shrugged her shoulders and sipped her coffee thermos filled with something that wasn’t coffee.

“Hope she knows she can’t drink.”

~%~%~%~%~%~

Kevin looked through the window at Jim and Pam. Turning, he grinned at the camera.

“I think her boobs are already bigger.”

~%~%~%~%~%~

Jim heard Michael prank calling Ryan as OJ while he finished up a call and set to work processing an order. His IM chimed, and the camera zoomed in to see the little box.

Pam@Reception: Busy?

With a smile, he looked over and saw her face, then her hands as they gestured for him to type. Setting his fingers on the keyboard, he began.

Jim@Sales: Why?

Pam@Reception: Bored @_@

Jim@Sales: Tummy ache better?

Pam@Reception: No so achy.

Jim@Sales: Want some peanut butter cups?

Pam@Reception: Shut up.

Jim@Sales: How can I shut up if I’m not talking?

Pam@Reception: You are such a dork.

Jim@Sales: Love you too.

Pam@Reception: *Gasp* The L-word!

Jim@Sales: :p

Pam@Reception: :p

Jim@Sales: Sooooo…. I was thinking since Dwight wore his flight suit today we would initiate our plan that’s prepped for Friday. You in?

Pam, peered out over the receptionist desk and observed Dwight at his seat, staring down a tootsie pop. Suddenly, he pushed his stopwatch, tore off the wrapper, and attacked the helpless grape pop. His teeth obnoxiously crunched the shell, and some fell down his flight suit as he made growling noises. As soon as he has eaten the entire tootsie pop, he turned off his stopwatch and grinned, raising hands up to the heavens in victory.

Pam@Reception: I’m in.

Jim@Sales: Great, as soon as I find the time I’ll duck out and get everything….

“Boom chica wah wah.” Andy the pirate sung softly was he gave Jim a smug look and passed him. The disturbance halting Jim’s typing.

Super Jim looked up at Andy, clearly baffled. “What?”

The pirate, lingered at his desk. “Nothin’.” He gave Jim a wink.

“Do you have a twitch?”

“No, but I know you got somethin’, you know.” His smile, was sly as he gave Jim a punch in the shoulder.

Jim, looked to Miss DunderMifflin Receptionist for an answer.

Pam’s face said it all ‘I have no clue.’

"I really have no idea what your talking about." Jim answered back.

"Oh come on Tuna," He leaned in and whispered into Jim's ear. "I know."

"Still... don't know what you're talking about."

"You know... boom chica wah wah."

"Did you just sing porno music in my ear?" Jim asked, rolling his chair and ear away from the pirate's head. "Andy, I had no idea you felt that way." He feigned astonishment. "But I'm with Pam right now.... and I'm pretty sure it just wouldn't work out."

Andy's face slackened under his pirate beard, then formed a frown.

"You might try Dwight though, he's apparently into cross dressing."

Starbuck Dwight gave Jim a vile look. "I do not cross dress."

"Right." Super Jim give an unconvinced head nod, then gazed at the pirate. "Again, what do you know that no one else does?"

"Everybody knows." Dwight scoffed, then paused. "Except...."

Without warning both Andy and Dwight, both knowing who didn't know, scrambled to Michael's office. Flinging the door open, pirate and Starbuck got stuck in the door. Fighting, Dwight pulled the feathered cap over Andy's eyes and then shoved him backwards, falling into the room. Stumbling to his feet as Andy did the same, he slammed to door on his face, then promptly locked it. Gasping, panting, he turned with wild eyes to OJ as Andy pounded on the door.

"I know something." He told the regional manager, wicked grin curling his lips.

“DWIGHT’S DRESSED LIKE A GIRL!” Andy bellowed in an attempt to sabotage the gossip report. His declaration was despite the fact that he himself was wearing a gaudy purple vest and eye liner.

Michael stared at Dwight, trying hard not to laugh. “What?”

Dwight shifted nervously. “He’s lying.”

“HE’S A GIRL!” Andy, locked out, plastered his face up against the window glass, his beard fanning out against the smooth surface. Pounding on the glass, he wanted to be the stool pigeon. “Let me in! Pirate’s cooler than a chick!”

“Jim got Pam pregnant!” Dwight blurted.

Andy slid off the glass.

Jim looked to the office wide eyed.

Pam, wasn't close enough to hear anything but watched Jim's reaction.

Michael’s mouth dropped open.

Dwight grinned. "Yeah, he did, and I told you he did."

~%~%~%~%~%~

"I must admit." Michael beamed. "Today I felt something magical was going to happen. I walked in here, and I just knew. And you know what? Magical moments, need to keep being magical, so a boss needs to feed the magic, and express it so his workers can enjoy it."

~%~%~%~%~%~

OJ, opened the door and came out with a wide grin, Starbuck dutifully plodding behind.

"Everyone!" He garnered their attention. "Everyone... Stanley." He frowned, seeing that Stanley was not listening but was in fact taking a call. "STANLEY."

Stanley looked up. "I'm on a business call."

"Well business can wait because this is special."

Stanley rolled his eyes.

"Now Stanley." He pressed, waiting until the man had hung up to further continue. "Everyone, it's come to my attention that we have some very big news, some very good news as our family is growing. Jim, Pam...." He beckoned them to stand up.

"Um....." Jim, was still gawking, in a state of shock. Simply staring at his girlfriend as she got up and went over to Michael with the wariness of a person searching and disarming land mines.

"Come on Big Tuna." Andy, grabbed him by the shoulders and hoisted him to his feet. Stumbling Jim into place, he slapped Super Jim on the back. "So calling you-know-what Little Anchovie." Winking, he took an at ease stance behind Michael.

Pam and Jim looked at one another in confusion.

Michael took their hands. "People of Dunder Mifflin. I am happy to announce that Jim and Pam, will be bringing a child into this office, and it takes an office to raise a child...."

Pam's face drained of all color.

Toby, frowned and looked away in defeat.

Jim, continued to look as if he had been hit across the back of the head with a blunt object.

"I thought it took a village to raise a child." Poodle Skirt Oscar quizzed.

Michael's brown painted face lost some amusement. "Well we're like a village."

"No we aren't."

"You know what... shut up ok? You're totally killing the love of the moment." He snipped back, then recovered his giddiness. "We have a Dunder Mifflin baby on the way, and that's what matters." His eyes, moved to the white cat. "Angela, I want a baby shower by the end of the day."

She showed clear bewilderment. "But the baby shower usually isn't till later."

"Well I don't care, I want a pre-baby shower shower. Got it?" Turning to Jim, he gave him a hug. "You'll be a great dad." Then kissed his cheek and pushed Jim, who was now even more shell shocked because of the kiss, aside, and did the same to Pam.

~%~%~%~%~%~

Jim and Pam were seated together.

Both slack jawed and wide eyed as they stared at the camera, like two bewildered deer in front of a semi. The pair turned and gazed at one another.

Super Jim, quirked his brows, prompting an answer out of her.

Miss DunderMifflin Receptionist, vigorously shook her head to the point that her tiara was in danger of flying off. Turning to face the camera, she continued to shake her head, while Jim simply covered his mouth with his hand and the shock slowly left his body.
Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is like a basket of puppies, warm fuzzies for a writer.


TheRabbit is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 7 members. Members who liked It Was A Good Halloween also liked 1716 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans