- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

They're sitting on the couch, his arms resting on the top, her head nestled into his chest and they're deciding what to watch next when she just says: "I really love you, you know."

He blinks because he's pretty sure he's never heard her say that before, and he opens his mouth to speak but he doesn't know what to say and his heart is now beating 10 times faster and he thinks maybe that's how heart attacks begin. "Um."

She moves slightly and glances up at him with a small smile, her eyes glistening. "Just thought maybe you should know that." She says softly.

He stares at her a moment and wishes that he could just let his eyes do the talking because he knows there are just no words to even describe what she just did to him. Instead, he drops the remote, and cups her face with his hands and kisses her and his stomach is all twisted and his head is clouded and he has no comprehensive thought and just.

He pulls away and rests his forehead against hers and they're both breathing a little harder and his eyes are closed and he sighs deeply. He lifts his head, wrapping his arms around her tightly, holding her as if she can actually slip away from him now. "You have no idea.."

She kisses his neck and pulls back to look at him, grinning. "I think I do."

He shakes his head and looks away, as he laughs. He turns back to her and smiles. "Tell me again."

She laughs softly and brings a hand to his face, touching his cheek. "I love you." She says so quietly, he can barely hear her. "I always have."

He has to pinch himself every single day because it still feels like a dream, it still feels like there is no possible way this is really his life, and sometimes he feels like he's waiting for the other shoe to fall but when he looks into her eyes, he can finally see what he had spent so much time wishing for.

It's everything he's ever wanted.

"I love you too." He tells her, realizing that he hasn't stopped smiling. "In case you didn't know that."

She giggles. "No. Wasn't aware of that."

She stands suddenly and holds out a hand. He grabs it and she's guiding them to her bedroom and he feels light and warm and he thinks this is a definite improvement to the last time such words were uttered.

She opens the bedroom door he stops and she glances back at him. "What?"

He wishes, again, he had all the words so he can tell her everything.

He moves to her, pulling her to him as he leans towards her. He shakes his head and whispers "Nothing," against her lips and pushes her to the bed and decides he'll just show her.

Chapter End Notes:

Too bad I can't write smut. ;)

Story/chapter title from my constant repeat of Chantal Kreviazuk's amazing song, Feels Like Home, which is my Jim/Pam anthem. A beautiful fanvid is set to that song if you're interested. I watch it at least 9 times a day. :)

As always, thanks for reading!



oobadnama is the author of 21 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 7 members. Members who liked hope this feeling lasts the rest of my life also liked 2483 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans