- Text Size +
Story Notes:
My first submission, and my favorite story that I wrote so far. Just a little pillow talk from everyone's favorite couple.
Author's Chapter Notes:
(Have I mentioned how much I looove Pam's Yaris?)

Disclaimer: Not mine... no profit made... ya'll know the drill.
The alarm clock screamed harshly at 7:45 that morning. Pam rolled over reluctantly, letting her hand fall in the general area of the “ALMOFF” button.

“Good morning,” she mumbled into the covers, stirring a moan of protest from under the comforter.

“Come on,” she said, kissing him awake, “We gotta go to work.”

“No we don’t,” he quipped lazily, “They won’t even notice we’re gone.”

Pam chuckled softly, “I think Kevin might,” she replied, pushing the sheets around to kiss his neck, “And who will Michael harass in the morning?” She asked with a smile, uncovering the right side of his face, leaving a trail of warm kisses along his jaw-line and cheek, “The office just can’t function without us, Jim. We must sacrifice things,” Pam deadpanned.

She had finally found his mouth in the mess of sheets that consumed him, and Jim smiled into her kiss.

“Just five more minutes,” he asked, rolling her over and kissing her neck. He felt her throat vibrate with a warm, adorable chuckle under his lips.

“If you get up now, I’ll make eggs.” She bribed, tangling her fingers in his sleep-ruffled hair. Jim smiled, moving his kisses to her chin and along her jaw-line.

“Twenty minutes,” he challenged, burying his face in her curly hair, breathing her in.

Pam made a sound of protest to his proposal, prompting an over-dramatic sigh in response, “Ok, ok- thirty minutes, plus I’ll buy coffee- that’s my final offer, Beesly.”

She sighed happily, knowing she was facing defeat, “…Your car or mine?” Was all she manage before he found her mouth and the covers flew over their heads.

*

She pulled over and parked along the sidewalk about a block away from the office, “I’ll pick you up here tonight.” She said flatly, keeping her eyes trained down on her steering wheel. Jim knew right away something was bothering her.

“You ok?” He asked, ducking his head down to try and look at her, concern slurring his words.

She looked up at him with watery eyes, “I’ll miss you,” she answered with a weak smile, playing with her fingers idly.

Jim shifted in his seat and turned to face her, placed a hand on her cheek, and rubbed it gently with his thumb. He smiled warmly when she looked up at him sheepishly, “Hey,” he said softly, “I’m not going anywhere.”

She smiled genuinely, “I know, it’s stupid-”

“No, it’s not stupid, Pam,” he said lightly, “I think it’s sweet.”

She bit her lower lip and her smile widened, stirring up warm feelings all over in Jim, realising that he had to leave her car soon or they’d never make it to work.

He slid his hand between her shoulder blades, where he rubbed gently. He kissed her forehead, before moving towards the car door, “I’ll see you in there.”

*

“As for my love life? I’m single and looking- so, if you know anybody…”

‘Don’t bother.’ He thought to himself.
Chapter End Notes:
Thank you for reading, you're WONDERFUL!... so are reviews.


Ampay is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 10 members. Members who liked Sleeping In also liked 2890 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans