- Text Size +
Story Notes:

These are quick little stories about Andy attempting to romance Angela. They are AU because for the purposes of the story Andy is still attempting to win her over sometime before Christmas.

Each chapter begins with an Andy talking head, and ends with a Angela talking head (both are in italics)

Story title comes from ABBA's "Take A Chance On Me."

Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

“I. Have. Hit. The. Jackpot. I was at the Steamtown Mall yesterday, because I was jonesing for an Auntie Anne’s pretzel and some of those Gertrude Hawk chocolates… they’re so good. And that’s when I saw this in the poster store. [Holds up poster with baby kitten asleep in a hammock] So…yeah, I think Angela is going to like it.”

 

“Hey Angela.” Andy moonwalked back to her desk, and held the rolled up poster behind his back. He grinned eagerly at her.

Angela looked up from her paperwork. “Andy.”

“Um, so I know that, like me, you love kittens and cats.”

At his words, Angela’s face went from steady indifference to pained remembrance, and she covered her mouth with her hand to stifle a sob.

Andy stood and nervously glanced over at the camera, and then Oscar, who was looking back at him with extreme annoyance. He was undeterred, however.

“I’m really sorry about Sprinkles, Angela…” he hurriedly tried to change the subject, “but, I noticed that you collect posters….’cause I really like your rockin’ babies one.”

“It’s jazz babies.” She interrupted curtly, as she had quickly regained control of herself.

“Cool, I love jazz. Coltrane…he’s awesome. Do…you like it, uh, jazz, I mean?”

“No, I don’t. It’s….too fast paced, and loud. I prefer Christmas songs, or hymns.”

“Nice! I love caroling…actually Kevin and I are planning on going this year.”

“There’s going to be cookies and hot cocoa, right? Andy…you promised.” Kevin panicky interrupted from the other side of the partition.

Andy took his gaze off of Angela and looked over. “Totally man. Maybe some egg nog with a little...” he began to chuckle and then looked back at Angela and quickly stopped. “…nutmeg sprinkled on top.”

Kevin nodded happily.

“You are voluntarily spending time with him outside of work?” She crossed her arms, and cocked her head questioningly.

“Well it’s for the benefit….of Jesus.” He lowered his head solemnly, and continued softly, “cause he died for our sins.”

“Amen.” Angela replied, matching his tone.

There was a pause.

“So anyway! I came over, because I saw this…and thought of you.” With a dramatic flourish he pulled the poster from behind his back and unrolled it.

Angela cracked the faintest of smiles as she looked at the poster of the kitten asleep in a tiny hammock. Then, suddenly, it was gone, as though it never existed.

“That is….thoughtful, Andy. But it would be inappropriate for me to accept unsolicited gifts from you.” She paused for a second. “Or any man in this office, as a single woman, and the head of accounting.”

Andy’s smile ran from his face, and was replaced with apprehension and anxiety. He slowly and silently rolled up the poster as everyone in the office watched him. “Oh, okay, I understand, Angela. Well…it’s uh, the thought that counts, right?”

Angela quickly scanned the room and the eyes on her. “Sure” she half-heartedly replied.

“I’m going to go…to my desk.” He leaned back and jerked his thumb behind him. “Bye, Angela.” He tried to smile, and took a step away from her desk.

“Bye Andy.” Angela turned back to her work.

 

“Yes, Andy Bernard purchased a baby kitten poster for me. No I didn’t ask for it. Did I like the poster?….It was…on its own merits…very nice, yes. But, I have to protect my virtue as a single woman in this office. I don’t want people to think I’m….Pam. She’s practically a revolving door. So, no, Andy Bernard from Sales, is just a co-worker. That is all.”

 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans