- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Apparently my brain didn't get enough PB&J, so it improvised some. I don't own anything Office related, if I did I would own NBC and make the writers' strike go away. Please review.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Little scence after the end of Survior Man between Jim and Pam. I intended to write a story about the significance of 10 years, but this came out instead. For this story I am going with the Pam has worked here longer theory. Hope you like it. No beta but let me know what you think.
Pam had gathered her things to leave for the day and went over to Jim's desk and casually sat on the corner. The rest of the office had their fill of cake and office fellowship and had already headed home for the evening. Jim closed the folder he has been working on and shut down his computer.

"So how do you think things turned out?" she asked with a knowing smile.

"Did you know that Michael tried to do the same thing before with the birthdays I mean, not the camping?" he asked somewhat distractedly.

Pam tried to look surprised, "What? No."

He glanced up at her and then did a double take, "You knew?"

She began shaking her head vigorusly biting the inside of her lips trying not to laugh.

"Oh my god! You knew and you didn't tell me." He was smiling up at her now, and she couldn't hold it back anymore letting out a laugh.

"You were just so sure that it was a good idea, and then there was the official memo, your inspirational talk with Angela...how do you go back on that kind of build up. I thought it best you just see it through to the end." She punctuated with an assertive head nod.

"My own girlfriend?" he stood up and placed a kiss on her forehead and then pressed his mouth close to her ear and whispered, "You know there will be consequences, right?"

Pam looked up at him and giggled again, then just as quickly she sobered her features and taking on a more serious tone said, "So now are we going to have one party annually for all birthdays and holidays to cut cost? Are you going to grow a scruffy-half beard and be Ryan next?" She met him with a challenging smile.

Jim gathered up his things and ushered Pam toward the door with his hand on the small of her back and said in mock seriousness, "Oh you'd like that, huh? Wow in one day I have been mistaken for Michael and compared to Ryan. It's official your boyfriend is a loser."

She turned toward him abruptly and placed her hands on the side of his face, "Hey now this job does not make you a loser. You have great potential." She closed the distance between the two of them and placed a loving, yet brief kiss on his lips and then smiled up at him, "On the other hand, you agreeing to go into the conference room in five minutes.."

"Wow! I thought this was a pep talk."

"You fell for your own joke." Pam said is disbelief, "Do you know how many times you've done that to Michael?"

She laughed with delight which despite all of his efforts made Jim laugh too, "What did I do to deserve this?"

"It's karma," she stated matter-of-factly.

Too which Jim mirrored, "Karma sucks."

Pam reached for his hand and pulled him toward the door, "Come on lets go home, I'll make you dinner...unless you'd rather have pie?"

"Just keep it up Beesely. I wasn't kidding about those consequences," he said joking as he followed her out the door.

"Were those in the memo?" she asked innocently as the door closed behind them muffling their laughter.
Chapter End Notes:
Ta da.


theofficeOCD is the author of 1 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans