- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Jim sees Pam coming out of the kitchen alone. She took lunch early with the new temp, Sarah, that day, having bonded with the younger girl. He smiles, liking that she can make an honest friend here.

As she passes by him while moving towards reception, she lets her fingers run along his shoulders, smiling at him by just turning her head. She settles in and looks up at him, he grins back.

It was a really nice day.

It was even better when it came time to leave for the day. Having gotten stuck on the phone with a client, Jim saw it was just him, Pam and Dwight left. Possibly Michael as well, no one ever knows when he really leaves anymore. Dwight’s taken to staying late now since he and Angela broke up. Jim doesn’t have much to say or think about that.

He nods at Pam, letting her know that he’s ready to go. So they gather their things and head for the elevator.

She grabs his hand and laces her fingers with his, not really looking at him, smiling to herself. Jim glances around for cameras, not seeing any but knowing they could be anywhere. He doesn’t really care though. But he is mildly, and pleasantly, surprised.

They’re barely out of the building when Pam gently pulls on his hand and arm to get him to stop walking towards his car. She pauses, breathes in a moment, pushing her hair out of her face.

“So, I was thinking earlier. It really feels about time we moved in together.” Her head is sort of nodding as she speaks and nods a little more when she finishes.

He thinks for a moment about whether Christmas came early. And then he feels weird to have thought that and then he thinks it doesn’t matter. He shakes his head, almost laughing silently to himself and then looks up, seeing Pam staring at him.

“You really think we should?”

She tentatively smiles at him, saying softly, “Yeah. It’s been a few months, if we weren’t going to work out, we’d be over now,” she pauses. “It’d be a pretty great step, wouldn’t it?”

He pulls her to him, rubbing her arms gently.

“You bet.”

Chapter End Notes:
And there's that. So, feel free to tell me what you think, in any way, shape or form, thank you!


meganlynn09 is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked close a little distance also liked 2083 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans