- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Not wanting to spend their first holiday together as a couple apart; Jim and Pam had made a compromise with their respective families. They would spend Black Friday with Jim’s family; and Saturday with Pam’s family.

They spent Thanksgiving at Pam’s apartment. She’d bought a small turkey breast to cook, but Jim kept her otherwise occupied, and the abandoned turkey had turned to charcoal before either of them had noticed smoke billowing from the kitchen. Figuring that they would have more than enough turkey for the rest of the weekend, they dined on some microwave pizzas that Pam found at the back of her freezer.

After dinner, they headed out to see a movie. Going to see a movie after Thanksgiving dinner was a tradition in the Halpert family. Jim let Pam pick the movie- Jim had been wanting to see Beowulf, but Pam picked Enchanted, insisting that she hadn’t yet outgrown princesses. Jim just smiled and requested extra butter on his popcorn.

“That was cute.” Jim said, after the movie, linking Pam’s arm in his.

“Yeah. I guess.” Pam sighed.

“Oh, come on. I thought you hadn’t outgrown princesses yet.”

“I haven’t.” Pam said, and blushed. She bowed her head, looking down at the floor. “It was a good movie, and that’s all I’m gonna say about it, okay?”

“Beesley, come on.”

“Jim, No!” Pam insisted. “Just drop it!”

“Pam?” Jim said uncertainly, giving Pam a look resembling a little lost puppy dog. “If something’s bothering you, I want to know.”

“It’s silly. It’s stupid.”

“I won’t laugh, I swear.”

“Giselle looked like Katy, okay?”

“Katy?”

“Purse selling Katy? Your ex-girlfriend?”

“Really?” Jim frowned. “I don’t see it.”

“I told you it was stupid.” Pam frowned.

“And even if she did,” Jim said, taking Pam’s hands in his own, “There’s only one person that I’ve ever considered having a happily ever after with. And that’s you.”

Pam giggled in spite of herself. Jim had that effect on her. “I guess that makes you my Prince Charming, huh?”

Jim shrugged. “I’ve always thought of myself more as a Lancelot kind of guy.”

“Whatever, Halpert.” Pam laughed, until Jim leaned down and kissed her on the lips. Maybe this wasn’t quite happily ever after- yet, but it was certainly happily right now.

After their kiss attracted a few catcalls from the crowd milling outside the movie theatre, Jim and Pam broke apart and headed for the car, holding their hands and swinging their arms.

“I know that the animals cleaning up the apartment was farfetched, but I could actually see Dwight doing that. Mostly for the novelty, but partly to save on the cleaning budget.” Jim said as they climbed inside the car.

Pam simply smiled.



lunarknightz is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Ever Ever After also liked 2485 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans