- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
i hope the angst didn't bother anyone last chapter 0.o
JAM FLUFF??? enjoy :D also: the lyrics used in this chapter is Three Wishes by The Pierces.
Chapter 6: The Three Wishes.

“Pam?” he asked again.

And just when he thought he was on the ground for good, love pulled him right back up. It was a bitch really. How many wounds did he need to get before he could finally remain down?

“What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Can I come in?” she asked quietly.

It’d be so much easier if he could just say no. If his heart was ice and he didn’t need to feel so much for her. He was pissed at her. There was no doubt about it. She took him on this damned roller emotion coaster he didn’t need to be on. But no matter what he did, he still went on. And enjoyed so much more after he did. He couldn’t stay mad at her, love was something that just prevailed over anything in him.

“I can leave, if it’s too late or…”

“No, come on.” Jim opened the door wider for her to pass.

Of course come in. He shrugs. It’s not too late; never too late for her.

Jim watches as she sits on his couch and hangs her head low. Something’s happened. Didn’t need to be a genius to realize that. And he wants to bitter and rude, tell her that he’s kind of glad fate’s slapping her in the face for once. But he doesn’t. He sits down next to her and puts a hand on her knee.

“What happened?”

And that’s when he can see the tears start to pour down her face. And before he knows it he’s holding her in his arms. The girl he told everything to, the girl who knew just how to break his heart. He was holding her closer as she was sobbing and all he could do was rock them gently. He couldn’t process the right thing to say. So he didn’t. He let her be the first to talk.

“I was with Roy. I told him.”

Jim looked at the ceiling. Of course. He thought the reason she was now in his arms was because fate was giving him some kind of break. But it was his fault she was crying. Again. He made the point that she should tell Roy.

“I’m sorry.” He said quietly.

Pam sat up and shook her head. “But I needed to tell him right? Because if I didn’t, we’d feel guilty about it.”

“Yeah that was the general idea...” He trailed off searching her eyes.

“So no guilt…” she was starting to move closer to him, damn near crawling onto his lap.

Jim didn’t seem to notice what she was saying, he wasn’t really listening in the first place. He was leaning his face into hers; their foreheads were now touching. She looked up and Jim pushed his lips onto hers.

No guilt was felt whatsoever.

~*~*~

They clasped hands for a moment and then Pam was now fully on his lap, kneeling farther into the couch. His arms moved and were now pushing around her waist, wanting any contact he could with her.

We'd be so less fragile
If we're made from metal
And our hearts from iron
And our minds from steel
And if we built an army
Full of tender bodies
Could we love each other
Would we stop to feel…

She tried moving her hair out of her face as she pushed her lips farther down on him, but he took care it for her by switching gears. He picked her up by the waist and placed her back flat on the couch. He took no time leaning down on her.

And you only want three wishes:
One to fly the heavens
One to swim like fishes
And then one you're saving for a rainy day
If your lover ever takes her love away

Although Pam wasn’t waiting, she sat up and met him mid-way. They connected mouths and the heat started all over again. He was stroking her neck and hairline and jaw while she pulled his shoulders further down and kissed the sensitive part on his neck.

You want never bitter
And all delicious
And a clean conscience
And all its blisses…

Pam surprised him by pushing him up and now somehow he was on the couch. Pam started to unbutton her shirt and his eyes traveled down to her hands, pulling at the buttons. He grabbed her hands though and stopped their deed, pulling her down on him again.

You want one true lover with a thousand kisses
You want soft and gentle and never vicious
And then one you're saving for a rainy day
If your lover ever takes her love away.

“Don’t you…?”

“More than ever. But it just…its not the right time.”

She sat up some what displeased. “How do you know it’s not?”

“You can understand that can’t you?” he asked. He prayed to God she could just understand him.

She smiled sweetly. “Of course.” If he could wait, surely she could. All she needed was being with him here and now.

He gently pulled the sides of her face towards him and kissed her passionately once more. If he had three wishes they’d be this: Them. Right here. Right now.

~*~*~

Roy watched Pam open her blouse to him and clenched his fists at his sides. How dare Halpert think he could just have his fiancé like that? He looked at the ground at his feet outside the window. The tears fell from his eyes and hit his shoes. His ex-fiancé.

You say you want to know her like a lover
And undo her damage, she'll be new again
Soon you'll find that if you try to save her
It will lose her anger
You will never win..

Guess he really didn’t know what he had until she wound up in the arms of another. He had no idea how much Pam meant to him. But I guess that just proved the point at hand; nothing really hurts until it’s gone.

~*~*~

Pam shifted around trying to move her arm. She opened her eyes a bit when she couldn’t budge it. She smiled widely when she saw that it was Jim’s fault. His own arms were wrapped around her and suddenly she didn’t want to move at all. Wanted to stay in his arms forever, wanted to feel his touch and be surrounded by his scent.

As she shifted to look at the clock he started to wake as well. He sat up and so did she, rubbing her eyes.

“Morning.” He said groggily.

She said the same and looked around the room. Was it supposed to be this awkward? They hadn’t done anything last night for it to be awkward like this. She tried looking anywhere but his eyes. Where were her shoes? That was a good thing to look for. On the floor and around the coffee table instead of looking at him.

She didn’t keep that up for long though because Jim lightly grabbed her chin with his hand and forced her to look at him.

“So I guess we have to talk.”

She nodded. “Yeah…I guess we do.”
Chapter End Notes:
thank you for reading. probably one or two more chapters after this :D

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans