- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Caramel, Mermaidtotis, have fun reading :DDD
Thanks so much to all who have been reading
Chapter 7: The Day Off.

“So I guess we have to talk.”

She nodded. “Yeah…I guess we do.”

Jim was about to open his mouth to say something but the words didn’t come. He really didn’t even know where to start. He was just kind of hoping she would start off. Which, thankfully, she did. The bad thing always was that Jim’s emotions shot from his mouth without thinking. So when his emotions died down, he basically didn’t know what to say.

“There’s something I didn’t tell you about when I told Roy last night.”

He glanced down and saw she was rubbing her hands together nervously. Something had defiantly happened last night and Pam was not happy about it. He had to know what it was now, before his curiousness and low patience shot through the roof.

He gently reached for her hands and moved a little closer to her. “It’s ok. You can tell me.” He said trying to assure her.

“He was angry. He—he almost hit me Jim.”

“What?” Jim replied a little bit too loud. He wanted to punch Roy’s face in. Actually had every intension of planning to do so. “Why didn’t you tell me that Pam?” He was feeling very protective of her now.

“I don’t know…He was drunk.” She said softly trying to come to his defense.

That fact just pissed off Jim more. So since he was drunk that gave him the right to hit her? Hurt her? “So you’re saying it’s alright he was about to hit you?”

“I don’t want to talk about this anymore ok?” She tried. The fact that her fiancé had almost come to blows was very upsetting. Jim wasn’t understanding that though, he just thought she was trying to find excuses for him, again.

“Are you ok at least?” he stood still holding her hands. He pulled her up to stand and she craned her neck to look at him. She stepped towards him and he embraced her.

Yeah. I’m ok. But you know what would make it better?” She asked. Read her mind Jim.

He smiled and leaned down to kiss her. “I think I have an idea.” He picked her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist as he carried her into the bedroom.

~*~*~

“Michael! Michael!” Dwight annoyingly called walking into his office.

“What Dwight?” he asked not looking up from his papers.

“Both Jim and Pam are not here today. I suspect…”

“Not here or just late?” Michael asked. “No need to go conclusion jumping Dwight. Wait a bit longer and then call their phones. Alright?”

Dwight nodded but looked unhappy he didn’t get to report what he really wanted to say. He trudged back out to his seat. He’d wait ten minutes before reporting them again.

~*~*~

“Whipped cream, strawberries…no chocolate syrup?” Pam looked up from the fridge door. “How can you not have chocolate syrup?”

“I never eat it.” Jim shrugged.

“I do!” Pam exclaimed grabbing the caramel instead.

“Right. And I’m supposed to stalk up my fridge according to what you want?” He rolled his eyes.

“That’s exactly what you’re supposed to do.” She went around the island table grabbing a few bowls and two spoons.

“What are you doing?”

“Sundaes…obviously.” She grinned and scooped out the ice cream and plopped it into one of the bowls.

“Without chocolate syrup?!” Jim gasped. “How ever will you get past that?”

“Careful, you’re about to head to a grocery store to pick me up some.”

Jim took the spoon from her and licked it. “You’d never be able to get me to go.” And then stuck his tongue out at her.

“We may not have chocolate syrup. But you know what caramel is really good for?” she asked opening the jar.

“Hmm?” he tilted his head towards her and was met with a great big blob of caramel being smeared on his nose and mouth.

Jim kind of stared at her shocked for a moment until she ran her finger across his lips, gathering the caramel. She put her finger in her mouth. “Hmm…” she said thoughtfully. “Who knew you tasted so good Jim.”

She was mocking him and he grinned standing up quickly and grabbing her. She giggled as he tickled her. “Lick it off Pam!”

She laughed loudly. “EW!”

“You put it on there now take it—“

She crushed her mouth on his, the caramel making her mouth sweet. She pulled back and when Jim went back in for another kiss she shoved a paper towel to his lips. It stuck and she giggled.

“Haha…” Jim wiped the caramel off his face and licked his lips.

The phone rang suddenly and Pam looked at him slightly panicked.

“I’ll get it.”

She grabbed his hand. “What if it’s Roy?”

“I’ll still get it.” Jim smiled hoping to soothe her nerves. He was kind of hoping it was Roy. He had a few select words to say to him.

“Hello?”

Jim pulled the phone away from his ear. ‘Dwight’ he mouthed to Pam. He put the receiver to his ear again and almost got an alarmed look. “No Dwight you can’t come here. It’s too embarrassing.”

Pam went closer to Jim and the phone hoping to hear Dwight’s loud voice on the other end. He asked what was embarrassing.

“Well you see…I have….I have something called Mermaidtotis.” He suppressed a laugh as Dwight gasped at the fake disease and asked what the symptoms included.

“Dwight I’m ashamed of you. As a deputy volunteer..”

“Sheriff.” Dwight corrected.

Jim looked to Pam amused and put Dwight on speaker. “Right sheriff. I just figured you’d have all these types of things memorized.”

“I’ve never heard of this breed before.”

Jim nodded. “Well it’s highly contagious Dwight. I heard Pam was out sick too, she must be showing symptoms.”

Dwight grabbed a pen and paper. “What are they so I can inform others.”

“Um…”He shrugged his shoulders at Pam and she motioned to her legs. “Right, well first off, the infected starts out by drinking tons of water. Like a ton Dwight, keep an eye out. And then as soon as you know it, you have scales and a mermaid tale.”

Jim could hardly contain his laughter anymore as Dwight ooed and awed over Jim’s condition. “Be a good sheriff Dwight. Warn others.”

And with that he hung up the phone.

“Very nice.” Pam complimented. “Mermaidtotis huh?”

“It’s an epidemic…or well at least Dwight thinks it is now.”

She gave him and air five and he bowed. While Dwight was searching for mermaids among the office, she and Jim would be trying different things out with that caramel.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans