- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
ok please comment if you love it or hate it!
Chapter 8: The Act 1 Scene 5

Pam and Jim intertwined their fingers as they kissed against one of the walls of the elevator.

Pam giggled, trying to tear away her mouth from Jim’s. “Aren’t you afraid of us getting caught?” The elevator beeped and she glanced to see what floor they were on. “We’re almost to the office.”

Jim sighed almost irritated and looked at the camera in the corner of the elevator and waved. Pam slapped his hand down and he laughed. “Obviously not that worried about it.”

The elevator bell dinged and they quickly separated, leaning on opposite walls. Oh yeah, they had cool down pat, Pam thought sarcastically.

They were flustered, breathing a little heavy and glancing at each other every ten seconds. Any moron could tell they were hiding something but luckily Dwight was the one who boarded the elevator.

“Morning Dwight.” Jim said coolly. “What are you doing on the 5th floor? You do know the office is on 6th right?”

“Beeswax.” Dwight answered shortly. “Mind your own.”

Jim smiled at Pam and she rolled her eyes. Jim reached to secretly squeeze Pam’s hand as the elevator opened again and they headed off.

“How’s the mermaid hunt going Dwight?”

Dwight whirled around and Jim dropped Pam’s hand. “My findings are none of your business.”

“Did I ever tell you I was part of the National Mermaid Society Committee?”

Dwight’s brow furrowed and he answered slowly trying to figure out if Jim was telling the truth or not. “No…”

“Well I happen to be one of the board members. And if you have any findings you have to report them to me.”

Dwight rolled his eyes. “Oh yeah and what’s in it for me?”

Jim merely smiled.

~*~*~

Dwight told Jim that Michael had been drinking more water lately. So Jim naturally told him that Michael had “undeveloped gills” and that he needed to drink so much water to survive. When Dwight took out a paper and pad to take notes he nearly lost it.

“So how do I test if Michael is indeed a mermaid?”

“Well you have to pick up a certain something to test him, but if you’re not up to it…” Jim hesitated trying to taunt Dwight on more.

“No! I’m up for it. Just tell me what I need to get.”

Jim nodded. Dwight had his pen and pad at the ready, how could he resist that?

~*~*~

“Alright come on in Dwight.” Michael called out.

Dwight stood from his desk and Jim gave him a thumbs up as he went in. Jim leaned against the reception counter and Pam leaned up from behind him.

“What is he doing in there?”

Jim smiled. “You’ll see in a bout five seconds.” His hand reached for his shoulder and rubbed it gently for a moment.

“You’re shoulder hurt?” Pam asked.

“Yeah, I think someone pushed me a little too hard in the elevator this morning.” Jim accused quietly.

She snuck her hand up right below his shoulder and rubbed his back tenderly. A slow smile crept onto Jim’s face as she stroked his back. He closed his eyes for a moment as he enjoyed her warm hand glide over his shoulder. He wondered if she could feel his skin heat to her touch; she could have melted him.

There was a sudden shriek from Michael’s office and Jim stepped foreword expectantly. “Dwight, what the hell are you doing? What is that?”

Dwight staggered from the room. “I was just testing Michael…”

“Out! Get out!” Michael yelled and Dwight quickly made his way out the office doors.

“What happened Michael?” Jim asked as Pam came out from behind her counter.

“Dwight put a goldfish in my water Jim. I drank from that cup! There’s no diseases I could have caught is there?”

Jim shook his head. “From a goldfish? I doubt it.”

Michael shook his head and into the kitchen to call Toby to get the damned thing and put it somewhere.

Pam put a hand on his forearm. “How did you convince Dwight to do it?”

Jim grinned. “All mermaids eat a diet of goldfish, well at least that’s what Dwight thought.”

“That’s all you said to him?” She asked.

Jim nodded. “Yep, and I had to promise him he’d be the deputy sheriff of the mermaid committee.”

~*~*~

Pam breathed heavily as Jim started to lift her skirt a bit higher. She closed her eyes tightly, how could he do this much to her in only ten minutes?

When he asked her to come look for manila folders in a storage closet a few minutes after the Dwight incident, it didn’t occur to her she’d be this worked up.

“I feel like a scene in Shakespeare.” She lifted her head from his mouth and leaned back against the wall.

He pushed against her and nuzzled her neck. “Like Romeo and Juliet?”

Damn. She could barely nod anymore and Jim smiled, backing off a bit. “I don’t think Romeo and Juliet had storage closets.”

“Oh, whatever did they do?” Pam raised her eyebrows up and down.

“I’m sure they got by somehow.” He lifted her into his arms and kissed her again. He moved his hands around her waist and pushed into her skin making her groan slightly.

They backed off of one another trying to catch their breath. “Wait, how are we anything like Romeo and Juliet?”

“Are you kidding?” She asked.

“So we’re what, star-crossed lovers? Ruined lives, bloodshed…epic?”

She leaned against his chest and gave him a quick kiss on the lips. “We were.”
Chapter End Notes:
thanx to all who have been reading!!!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans