- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This has taken me a long long time to post. Still not sure if I got it right.
Jim lets Dwight go in first. He wants Pam to get the full effect, plus he has had the entire elevator ride up to admire Dwight's attire.

"Good morning Pam."

"Good morning Dwight", she says the half formed smile quickly fading as Jim motions to her not to say anything about the creepy tux that Dwight has arrived in. She has seen it once before, and she does smile now, thinking of umbrella's and coat stands, and that one dimly lit kiss that ignited a thousand fires in her heart. She feels Jim's eyes on her, and blushes, even though now she can think about these things whenever she wants.

"Don't you think his dead grandfather's tux is a little . . . much? We're just going to Cugino's."

"Do not kill his confidence", Jim says as he finishes off his coffee with a heaping mound of sugar. "You have no idea how hard it was to get him to agree to this. Besides, it's a family heirloom remember?"

She did remember, and was about to say that despite the Dwight factor it reminded her of that day in May, how far they had come and how much happier she was, but before she can get the words out Jim tugs on her sleeve. Angela was standing stiffly at Dwight's desk, and they seemed to be engaged in a hushed but tense conversation.

"I wonder what they are saying." Pam said as they watched from the break room.

"Hello Dwight. You look very dapper today." Jim said in his best Angela voice.

Pam laughed. "Stop it. We have a very serious mission today."

"So tell me more about my date." Dwight said as Jim settled in at his desk. "Are you sure we will be compatible on at least 85 different levels?"

Pam tried to hide her smile behind a stack of order forms. Dwight's "date" was Jim's cousin Sarah, who lived on the west coast, but was home on break from college. She wasn't sure how much information Jim had divulged to his cousin about her "date", and hoped that tonight wouldn't be a total disaster.

"Well that is . . . wow, a lot to ask."

"Jim, making an informed choice when choosing a mate is what separates us from most mammals. Except for orangoutangs, they have been known to be very choosy."

"I didn't need to know any of that. Here is what I do know. One. Halloween is her favorite holiday."
"Yes! Couples Halloween costumes. I have always wanted to do that." Dwight said pumping his fist in the air, not noticing the look of disgust radiating off of Angela from across the room.

"What else?"

"Her favorite show is Lost."

"Who does she like better, Jack or Sawyer?" Dwight said suspiciously.

"Hmmm, Sawyer I think." Jim said winking at Pam.

"So far so good. Sawyer could totally kick Jack's ass."

"And her favorite band is Dokken. So . . ."

Pam watched as Angela strode briskly past them into the break room, Dwight was so caught up in his conversation he did not watch her with his usual pale faced sadness.

"That is really very limited information Jim. Luckily I have a questionnaire prepared which I will bring tonight."

Pam was already typing, "Are you serious?" into the subject line.



PBeesley: Dokken? Really?

JHalpert: I have no idea, but it sounded good didn't it?

PBeesley: Nicely done. But I am starting to get nervous about tonight. Did he really say he had a questionnaire for her to fill out?

JHalpert: Don't worry, we aren't really trying to set him up with my cousin remember?

PBeesley: I know. You're right. The important thing is that Angela is here when she shows up.



.






Chapter End Notes:
Maybe another chapter or two, will Dwight and Angela find their way back to each other?


andromeda is the author of 12 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked Operation Kurt and Noelle also liked 1378 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans