- Text Size +
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



Pam sat in her chair and set the flashlight on the desk. She felt... weird. The more she thought about it, the more sense she supposed it made. But, she had to admit, she never saw it coming. She felt bad because she knew what it felt to be rejected and it was the second time she had rejected someone on company property. She was sick of all the unrequited love that seemed to breed within Dunder-Mifflin. She needed a new job.

She decided not to tell Jim, because she felt like that would open a whole new world of awkward. Besides, it wasn't like Jim had anything to worry about. Today was one of the strangest days she'd spent in the office. She rebooted her computer and put the flashlight back into the kit under her desk. It oddly felt like the start of a new day.

The door to the office opened and Angela walked in, followed by Jim. They had foregone the trip to Angela's car and returned to the office without Angela's provisions.

Angela turned to face Jim. "I, well... thank you... for agreeing to help me with my things, even if we didn't get the chance."

Before Jim could reply, Angela turned on her heel and walked away.

Jim walked over to Pam. He blew out a puff of air and rolled his eyes. "That was interesting."

"Did you two have a talk?" Pam asked.

"Oh, yeah," Jim said. "We're BFF, just like you and Kelly. We're gonna go to a church picnic and paint religious pottery later on. Sorry, you can't come - it's a Jesus thing."

"That's too bad," Pam said. "I'm really broken up about that. Make me a Last Supper spare change dish, will you?"

"Already in the kiln," Jim said and smirked. He noticed that Angela had walked over to Andy and pointed it out to Pam.

"Andy, you may not call me again," Angela said sternly. "We will not date again and we will maintain a strictly professional relationship. That is all."

Angela turned away from him. She noticed that Dwight had come out of Michael's office and she said curtly, "Hello, Dwight. How are you today?"

Dwight perked up. He said evenly, "I'm well. Thank you, Angela."

"There are some forms that require your signature at my desk," Angela said. "You may stop by any time tonight to... sign them. I will be... at my desk all night."

"I understand," Dwight replied. The corner of his mouth quirked up almost imperceptibly.

Angela nodded and walked to her desk, a small smile of her own threatening to appear.

Pam hid her smile behind her hand and turned to look at Jim. She whispered, "What happened in that elevator?"

Jim smiled. "If we make it out of this office alive, I'll tell you over dinner."

Andy meandered over to the reception desk and sighed. He drummed his fingers on the desk's surface. "Pam, I'm distraught."

"I'm sorry," Pam said. "Sometimes things don't work out how you plan."

Andy nodded. "Yeah. It's just... I'm pretty sure she's a tiger in the sack and I'm really upset I'm gonna be missing out on that."

"Wow, didn't want to know," Jim muttered.

Andy either didn't hear the comment or was trying to ignore it. He perked up suddenly. "How serious do you think Kelly is about Darryl? 'Cause I -"

"No," Pam interrupted. "No, you don't want to go there."

"I'm really interested in Indian culture," Andy said.

Pam was pretty sure he was only interested in the karma sutra. "No, Andy. I think you need to try dating someone you don't work with. Maybe branch out a little. I think that would be healthy for you."

"Okay," Andy said. He nodded. "So, if you and Tuna don't work out..."

"That's not branching out," Pam said and sighed.

Andy nodded again and wandered back to his desk.

"I'm like everybody's agony aunt today," Pam said, rubbing her forehead. "At least I'm not going sweater shopping with Andy."

"He probably has really good taste in sweaters," Jim said. "I'm gonna go get him and tell him he should go with you. Hey, An -"

Pam jumped up and covered Jim's mouth with her hand. She pulled it away when Jim licked her palm. She feigned absolute disgust and wiped her hand on Jim's shirt then slapped him in the arm playfully.

"That is just gross. I don't know where that thing's been."

Jim raised his eyebrows suggestively and she hit him in the arm again.

"But, really, I'm gonna let him know to meet you guys at the mall," Jim said. He pushed away from the desk and took a step forward.

Pam ran around the reception desk and stood in front of him. She pushed on his chest, trying to push him back into the couch near the door.

"I'm doing it for you," Jim said. He playfully fought back. "You need this in your life!"

"No!" Pam cried, a peal of laughter punctuating her sentence.

They struggled back forth for a few minutes, laughing at the other's attempts to move the other person. Finally, Pam hooked her foot around Jim's ankle and pushed him backward onto the couch. The force from her push and the fact that Jim's hands were on her waist caused her to fall half on top of him. She had her hands on his shoulders, one foot was on the floor while her knee rested on the couch cushion, steadying her.

They shared another laugh and Jim pushed the hair that had fallen out of her ponytail behind her ears.

"I win," Pam said and grinned. "I am victorious."

"I only let you win 'cause you're the girlfriend," Jim told her. "You and your girlfriend privileges."

Pam's response was to stick her tongue out at him.

The door to the office opened and they turned to see who had come in. It was Toby, looking more dejected than usual.

Pam straightened and said softly, "Hi, Toby."

Toby only nodded and walked away.

Jim pulled himself to his feet. He put his hands in the pocket of Pam's sweatshirt and looked down at her, smiling warmly. "So, I'm thinking that since the roads are gonna be so dangerous this weekend, we should hibernate and eat chicken soup all weekend."

"Hmm," Pam said. She rested her forehead against his chest. "Bad Lifetime movies and everything?"

Jim bent down to kiss the top of her head. He mumbled into her hair, "Read my mind."

"Aw, I love you. Love you too. Muah, muah, kissy kiss."

Pam and Jim separated at Michael's words. They both stared at their boss.

"No, come on," Michael said. "I want to hear you say it. You loooooove each other."

Pam and Jim turned to each other and shook hands.

Michael walked over to them and put his arm around Pam's shoulder so that she was positioned between himself and Jim. He opened his mouth to speak, but then smirked.

"Oh, Jim and I are having a Pammwich!" he observed, grinning.

Pam shuddered and Jim winced at all the sorts of things "a Pammwich" with Michael implied. Pam thought she was going to throw up right there and then.

"Please admit your undying love to the office," Michael said. "You're Dunder-Mifflin's hottest couple, you know."

The entire office was watching them now. Most of them looked bored or uninterested, except for Kevin, who was smiling inappropriately. Pam could see Toby staring at her and looked down at the floor.

Pam cleared her throat. "I'm not doing this, Michael."

Jim stared at the ceiling and muttered, "Same."

"Come on," Michael pleaded. "Just say it. Your tender love will keep us warm through the night. Jim, tell Pam how much you love her. Pam, tell Jim how much you like touching his hot, naked body."

"Michael," Toby said, "this is extremely inappropriate, and -"

"Why are you so bitter and alone!?" Michael exclaimed. "Why do you hate love, Toby? Huh? Especially so close to Christmas. Did you get divorced because you hate Christmas? So Jim and Pam are probably going to go home and get naked and touch each other! So what? It's what I'm going to do! With Jan. On Thursday. Because that's the day we... just... nevermind."

Michael shook his head and tightened his grip on Jim and Pam.

"Anyway. I now pronounce you two a couple," Michael said. He pulled Pam in for a hug that she didn't return. "Enjoy the sex."

Pam pulled away from Michael and shook her head. She wasn't sure if her day could possibly get any more awkward. She regretted ever leaving the roof.

Jim edged closer to her and playfully bumped her hip with his, but not enough for anyone else to notice.

She smiled down at the floor.

Dwight stood up at his desk and raised his hands in the air. "EVERYONE! NEWS! Gather round!"

Nobody moved. He scowled, but continued on. "I have just received an email from one of my informants, and -"

"Wait, do you hear that?" Kelly interrupted.

Pam listened closely. She could barely hear the rhythmic beeping sound, but she did hear it. It sounded like a truck backing up. She perked up immediately and rushed into Michael's office with Kelly.

They looked out the window and saw a snowplow making its way down the street.

Kelly clapped her hands and jumped up and down then hugged Pam. Pam returned that hug. They rushed out of Michael's office and told everyone the news.

"No, no, not possible," Dwight said. "I've been told that we'll be stuck here until tomorrow afternoon!"

"We saw it, Dwight," Kelly said. "It's a plow. We're totally going home!"

Jim shook his head at Dwight. "And I thought you knew things."

Dwight grumbled an insult, but it was lost among the noise of everyone cheering and gathering their things together. Pam collected her clothes from the women's bathroom then went back to her desk. As she was shutting down her computer, Jim came over and leaned on the desk.

"So, you, me, my place, chicken noodle soup?"

Pam nodded. "A thousand times yes."

As they talked, people filtered out of the office to dig their cars out of the snow and go home.

Toby was one of the last people to leave. He stopped in front of the reception desk and Pam's heart dropped. He looked sadder than usual. She felt bad, but she wouldn't apologize for being in love with Jim. She offered a small smile.

Toby put a piece of paper on the desk and slid it toward Jim with his index finger.

"I hope you guys are really happy," Toby said. He gave a half-hearted smile and left the office.

Jim flipped the paper over and read it. "It's our HR papers."

"To make us official?" Pam asked, her eyebrows raised.

"Yep," Jim said. "Finally, our relationship will have meaning."

Pam smirked. She grabbed a pen from her desk and signed the paper. Jim took the pen from her and signed his name below hers.

"This is a milestone," Jim said as he set the pen down.

"Definitely."

Jim grinned widely.

"So, you wanna go home and celebrate?"

The End.

Chapter End Notes:
Well, there it is. The end. I plan to do much sleeping and eating Jello because of my wisdom teeth. I'm working on a few other stories as well. I'd like to thank everybody who's read and reviewed this little story here. I really appreciate it! :)


carbondalien is the author of 25 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 13 members. Members who liked Snow Daze also liked 2552 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans