- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Nothing is mine or Jim and Pam would already be going through this! :)
Five Wedding Gifts Jim and Pam Received.

I.

Jim walked into the office the week before the wedding completely exhausted. He had never imagined that this would be this hard. The night before he had to call their wedding planner Tina because the napkins had come in and they were the wrong shade of cream. Pam had fallen into hysterics the moment she opened the box and a new order was going to come in the next day.

He grinned brightly at his bride to be and sat down heavily at his desk. Instead of the usual messy piles of paperwork and the wedding magazines Pam would leave with things circled it was completely cleaned off except for a wrapped box.

Jim raised his eyebrows at the odd purple colored paper and slowly unwrapped it. He placed the crinkled paper to the side and stared at the small wooden box in his hands.

It was obviously hand carved, the jagged nicks along the side showed it. A two rings were carved on the top and painted gold and silver. A piece of paper was taped to the side with “Jim Halpert” written on the side. Jim peeled off the paper and began to read.

Jim,

I wanted to inform you that I am very happy for both you and Pam. Even though you have played pranks on me for years I now know that it has brought you two closer and can see it now as a blessing.

The box was carved by Mose as a wedding gift. He is also happy for you and wishes you the happiest of lives and many children. My gift is inside. One of the symbols is love because of the love you share with Pam. The other is of friendship to symbolize that your love came from a powerful friendship and that friendships will continue through life.

Again, I want to wish you a happy life with your wife. May your love be as pure as the love of Aragorn, Son of Arathorn King of Gondor and the Lady Arwen, daughter of Lord Elrond. Remember, it is a fact that the people of times long since past had many many children incase some were mean, lazy or eaten by bears. There are bears in Pennsylvania Jim.

-Dwight


Jim opened the box to find two homemade cufflinks. They were painted a clean silver with bizarre symbols in black. He couldn’t think for a few moments and felt shocked. A smile spread across his face as he gently placed the cufflinks back into the box and placed it carefully in his bag.

Dwight came back to his desk after a few moments and was a little disappointed that Jim didn’t shower him with thanks right away. The younger man had smiled and nodded at him but never outright said thank you.

Dwight couldn’t help but grin as Jim gently took Pam’s hand at the alter and the cufflinks glistened in the soft light.

II.

“Here,” Pam jumped when a metallic pink box slapped down in front of her. Kelly was grinning brightly, the brilliant pink eyeshadow nearly blinding her. “It’s Ryan and me’s wedding gift!”

“Thanks,” Pam said slowly, meeting Jim’s smirking face. She removed the huge pink bow and eased open the box. With a sharp gasp she shoved the lid back down and brushed furiously.

Inside of the box was a very skimpy black lace babydoll. Kelly was squealing and bouncing up and down.

“Do you like it? I think you’ll look sooooo hot in it,” Pam was sure she was as pink as the box now.

“Thank you Kelly,” Pam tried to be polite. “It’s great.” Kelly squealed and ran off to tell Ryan.

Letting out a breath Pam shoved the box under her desk and went back to work. A soft beep let her know she had gotten a e-mail. Pam clicked on it seeing it was from Jim.

I think it’s hot.

Pam glared at her fiancé who grinned back.

III.

Jim and Pam were both in the break room eating lunch and laughing. The sound of the door opening made them both look up to see Phyllis standing next to their table.

“Hey Phyllis,” Jim smiled up at her.

“Hi you two,” Phyllis grinned brightly and handed them a carefully wrapped package. Pam took it with a sweet smile and opened it.

She pulled out a large blue quilt in various colors. Pam gasped and Jim moved to touch the soft fabric.

“Oh Phyllis! It’s great,” Pam buried her hands in the quilt and smiled.


“I thought because the wedding color was blue it would fit,” Phyllis shrugged slightly. Jim stood and hugged her and Pam followed.

Many years later seven-year-old Emily Halpert was curled up in it fast asleep. Jim walked in and smiled before turning off the television and kissing his daughter on the forehead.

IV.

Barely a week after Jim proposed Angela had given Pam her wedding gift.

“Wow, a Bible,” Pam faked a smile as Angela smiled proudly in front of her. Pam continued to smile as she threw away the brown wrapping paper.

“I thought you needed it,” Angela said brightly and nodded, her blonde ponytail flicking over her shoulder.

“Who doesn’t,” Pam noticed a slight bulge in the book and opened it. A simple golden chain with a small flower made of pearls as a pendant lay in the crease of the pages.

Pam put a hand up to her mouth, completely stunned. Angela was looking down at her clasped hands and wasn’t talking.

“Angela, I can’t accept this!” Pam breathed gently picking up the delicate chain.

“I got it as a teen from my mother. It’s not in my taste and thought it would look nice with your wedding dress. I kind of see you as a friend and thought it would work,” Angela wrung her hands and continuously stared down.

“It’s beautiful and will look wonderful with the dress. If your mother gave it to you don’t you want to keep it, maybe for your wedding?” Pam asked trying to keep back tears.

“I got my mother’s dress. I wanted to apologize for being so cold to both you and Jim. Now that I look past all the petty pranks I see that you two truly love each other and love is the greatest gift God gave us.” Angela spoke curtly and again nodded sharply.

Pam wasn’t sure what to say so she hugged Angela tightly. It took her a few moments until the blonde relaxed and hugged her back.

Angela had to admit that Pam looked beautiful walking down the isle with the pendant sparking in the light.

V.


When Michael handed Jim the huge box the day before the wedding Jim was understandably worried. His boss had a huge grin on his face and was rubbing his hands together.

“Wow Michael, you shouldn’t have,” Jim muttered, squirming uncomfortably.

“Oh Jimbo! Of course I did!” Michael was bouncing up and down.

Jim gave him a short smile and opened the box carefully. Inside was a huge book which greatly confused the younger man.

It was a plain green book with “Jim and Pam” written on the front in careful black lettering. Opening it Jim saw various pictures pasted onto brightly colored pieces of paper. The pictures were of the two of them throughout their time in the office. On every page was a blessing from someone in the office that went with the pictures.

“Jan and I scrapbooked it together!” Michael was practically bursting with excitement. Jim grinned at a picture of Pam and him laughing together. His smile widened at what was written in the last page.

You never gave up.


Siochan is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 9 members. Members who liked Five Wedding Gifts Jim and Pam Received also liked 2673 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans