- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thankies to Mox and Susanita for the suggestions.

 

 

Surveying the room, Jim took another sip of his drink. He smiled as he saw Michael and Dwight going into a dance contest. He missed this. The craziness and the unpredictability of the Scranton branch of Dunder-Mifflin. Well, maybe after being there for ten years, it wasn’t really crazy or unpredictable. It was normal and expected.

He took off his tux jacket and placed it on the back of the bar stool. The documentary cameras left three years ago when he left to be Regional Manager at the new Silver Springs, Maryland branch. Andy came along with him as Assistant Regional Manager, which he wasn’t doing a bad job at. Oscar also relocated and was named Head Accountant. Pam also left but it took a little bit longer since she had trouble finding a replacement who would be able to handle Michael.

Believe it or not, Jim enjoyed his job and wasn’t considering leaving after his contract ended at the end of the year. Yes, the contract; the five-year contract that Jim signed when he entered the Dunder-Mifflin Young Executive Program. David Wallace created the program when he was named CEO of the company. Every year, the company would select ten employees in which they would pay for their business school education in order to get their MBAs. In return, the employees would work for Dunder-Mifflin at least five more years after receiving their degrees. Jim was one of the first recipients of the program.

Pam was the first he told that he was going to do the program and she couldn’t have been any happier or more excited. The MBA would definitely allow Jim to get out of the so-called “rut” that he kept telling her that he was in. It would open up so many more opportunities for him when he finally decided to leave Dunder-Mifflin. Pam couldn’t have been prouder of Jim than when he walked across the stage at his graduation. That was almost five years ago and how things have changed since.

Michael and Jan got married and had kids. Yup, kids. Two of them. Twins, actually. Jim, Andy, Dwight, and Michael had been on one of Michael’s crazy adventures when Jan went into labor. Pam rushed Jan to the hospital while Jim had to calm Michael down enough to get him there in time for the delivery. Andy and Dwight were no help and were left at the Viewmont Mall, eventually going on a shopping spree for the babies. After four and half hours, a very delighted Michael brought out the twins for Jim and Pam to see. The names? Curtis James Levinson-Scott and Pamela Lilly Levinson-Scott. Dwight argued with Andy for two weeks straight on whether or not Michael had named his son after him. Unfortunately for Dwight, “Curtis” and “Kurt” were ruled 11-to-2 not the same, among the office people (Creed had sided with Dwight for no real reason).

Angela and Dwight were now engaged. After the short-lived romance of Andy and Angela, Andy decided to try to woo the receptionist at Vance Refrigeration while Dwight and Angela slowly tried to mend their relationship. Luckily after many years, Angela finally accepted Dwight when he showed how much he loved her above his career by removing himself from consideration of the Regional Manager at Silver Springs. He couldn’t part from his “monkey.”

The day after the documentary aired, Creed disappeared. After several months went by without him showing up, everyone assumed that he died somewhere, probably in Toronto. Michael, of course, decided to throw a huge funeral affair. In the warehouse. During work hours. However, something snapped in Michael when Dwight read Creed’s obituary. Michael decided that he didn’t want to miss out on his kids’ lives and that he didn’t want to be stuck at Dunder-Mifflin for the rest of his life, like Creed did. Over the course of a month, Michael stepped down as Regional Manager, which Dwight assumed. Creed’s old position as Quality Assurance Officer was made into a part-time position, which Michael took. It was Michael gradually leaving Dunder-Mifflin, which he hadn’t fully done yet.

As for everyone else in the office? Toby finally was moved to Corporate in New York. Phyllis and Bob Vance of Vance Refrigeration had adopted a little girl from Albania. Kevin and Stacy got married. Kelly started a celebrity gossip blog as a little hobby, which has since grown, making her happier than she had been with any man. Sadly, Darryl passed away when a driver ran a red light and hit his car; he was on his way to pick up his daughter at school. Stanley retired a month ago and has been planning a surprise Europe vacation with Teri. Ryan still worked at Corporate, but fortunately, Jim didn’t have to deal with him as his supervisor. There have been a lot of ups and downs since the documentary cameras came and left, but at least some things hadn’t changed. Jim took another sip of his drink as he heard someone call out his name. He turned to the curly-haired brunette.

“Hey, you,” he said, as he gave Pam a kiss on the cheek. “You’ve been mingling with the guests?”

“Yup.” She literally jumped on the barstool next to him. “How about you? Have you been saying ‘hi’ to people?” she asked as she smoothed out her dress.

“I spoke to some of your cousins. And that strange aunt of yours… The one with the hat? The one who was leading everyone in the electric slide?”

Pam giggled. “Aunt Denise. Yeah, she’s my dad’s youngest sister. You still owe me another dance, by the way.”

Jim laughed as he set his drink down. “I do, don’t I?” He glanced at the dance floor as Michael tried to perform the worm. “Um… let’s wait until that mess is done.”

Pam smiled as she watched her former boss make a fool out of himself. “Isn’t he a little bit old for that?”

“Well, it’s Michael. He’s never too old of anything.”

“True. Then again, it’s been a while since I’ve seen him and his antics.”

“Exactly.” Jim turned to look at Pam, still as beautiful as ever. Her curls piled in a soft bun. Her green eyes calm yet a little bit mischievous. Her skin glowing as it always has been.

“What?” Pam’s snapped Jim out of his trance.

“Um… nothing.” He chuckled as he bit his bottom lip. He pointed to the bar. “You want anything?”

“A glass of red wine would be fine.” She stared at him as he ordered her drink. His hair wasn’t as long as before, but it still had somewhat of a boyish charm to it. He had gotten a little leaner in his face, but it was still the Jim that she had always known and loved. She smiled when the bartender handed her glass.

“Now, be careful with that,” Jim warned as he took another sip of his drink. “I don’t want to get Angela to drive you home again.”

Pam nearly spitted out her drink as she smacked Jim’s arm. “That was one time and you’ve never let me forget it!”

“Pam, did you see the documentary from that night? You were gone!” Jim chuckled as he mockingly said her acceptance speech. “And I want to thank God. Because He gave me this Dundie. And also, I feel like God is in this Chili’s tonight.”

“Shut up!” Pam shook her head as she smacked Jim’s arm again. “I hate you.”

“Whatever. It was funny. You have to admit that it was funny.”

“Yeah, yeah. It’s funny,” she replied as she rolled her eyes. She took another sip of her wine. “By the way, I can’t believe that you used a Chili’s takeout box to propose to me with. I would have thrown that thing out if I had noticed it in the fridge beforehand.”

Jim laughed. “You can’t say that that wasn’t creative. I mean, I put the ring in the box and said that since you were banned from Chili’s, I brought takeout just for you.”

“I so wanted a molten chocolate cake, but an engagement ring was much better.”

“Yeah, I figured, plus I had the cake. It was in the freezer.”

Pam giggled. “Which we definitely didn’t eat until the next day.”

Jim laughed until he left a small tug on his dress slacks. He looked down at the little boy by his feet. “Hey, buddy,” he said as he picked up the boy. “What’s up, Chris?”

Pam smiled as Chris pointed at her and said, “Pretty.” She leaned forward as he gently touched her nose.

Jim laughed. “Yeah, your Aunt Pam is pretty.” Chris smiled and looked at Jim before wriggling out of Jim’s arms and running off. “I can’t believe that he’s still in that suit. I would have thought Sara would have changed him out of it by now.”

“He’s likes it.” Pam took another sip of her wine. “I’m glad that he was able to be a ring bearer.”

Jim turned to her. “Yeah, he handled it pretty well, especially for a three year old.”

“So, how about that dance?” She asked as she gracefully tried to hop off the barstool without any assistance.

Jim laughed as he stood up and grabbed her arm. “You’ll rip something, Beesly. Be careful.” He helped her as she got her the satin white gown under control.

“It going to take you a while to get used to, huh?” After a confused look from him, she added, “Me not being a ‘Beesly’ anymore.”

Jim chuckled as they made their way to the dance floor. “Well, you’ll always be ‘Beesly’ to me. Even if your last name changed. What is it this week? Anderson? Halpert? Flenderson?”

Pam playfully pushed him away as they walked. “You’re such a dork! It’s ‘Campbell’ or was that not the wedding that you were just in?”

"I can't believe that you actually dated Toby."

"I didn't date Toby! I just needed a date to your freaking wedding and he took it the wrong way!" Pam scoffed.

"Uh huh... sure..." Smiling, Jim took her hand and twirled her towards him as they made it to the middle of the dance floor. He held her close as she rested her head on his chest. Everyone else left the two alone as they slow danced to the music. After a moment, Jim whispered in Pam’s ear, “So, is this swaying or dancing?”

Pam giggled. “Years ago, it would have been swaying but it seems as if your wife has taught you some dance steps.”

“Ha. Very funny. I think you give Sara too much credit sometimes.” Jim looked into Pam’s sparkling hazel eyes. “Did I tell you that you look beautiful tonight?”

“Yeah. On more than one occasion.”

“Good. Because you do.” He kissed her lightly on her forehead. After another couple of moments, he added, “No regrets, right?”

She looked up at him. “No regrets. I mean, look at us. We’re perfectly happy. Even if it’s not with each other.”

“Yeah.” Jim brushed his hand across Pam’s face. “You’ll always be a part of me, though.”

With a smile, she replied, “You, too.”

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

- I didn't make Jim say Pam's Dundies acceptance word-for-word because I actually doubt he would be able to (unlike some of us... ;)

- Yes, Jim and Pam were engaged at one point, but over time, they realized that they were better off as friends. (Don't blame me... blame Jenna.)

- Timeline-wise... If we did this by seasons... Jan announces she's pregnant at the beginning of S5, Jan and Michael get married during S5, Jan gives birth at the finale of S5, Jim and Pam reveal that they got engaged at some point before the finale but show the ring during the S5 finale, S6 has Jim doing the MBA program, S6 finale has his graduation and Jim and Pam breaking up, end of first half of S7 has Jim meeting Sara, finale of S7 has Jim telling Pam that he's going to propose to Sara, S8 premiere has Jim on his honeymoon, S8 Nov. sweeps has the announcement of the Silver Springs Branch, S8 Feb. sweeps has Sara being pregnant, S8 May Sweeps has Jim, Andy, and Oscar leaving for Maryland while Pam decides to move to New York. (Yeah, I thought that out a little too much...)

- I might delve deeper and add chapters but for the meantime, I'm going to leave it at this. :)

- Feel free to comment.



sorano916 is the author of 11 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked All These Years also liked 23 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans