- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

A/N: Post The Job. What happens when the cameras turn off? I've had this sitting around for awhile, so I decided to post it and get some feedback. Reviews are love.
She can’t seem to make her body still.

For fifteen minutes more, she clamps her arms tight to her sides, feeling Jim’s eyes on her through the blinds. Her neck goes pink from his gaze, the tip of her nose cold and stinging. She smiles stupidly at the questions, not answering in complete thoughts, and not caring one bit.

She draws her shoulders up in a shrug, trying to make herself very small. She can’t. What she feels is so big that she appears to float a little above her chair. “Um,” she finally gets out. “Can I go now? Please?”

The camera guy just nods, defeated, and she springs up, shaking out her tingling hands. Suddenly she stops. “I’m sorry, I just –“

“Go,” he says, and she bolts for the door.

The room almost goes dark when she’s gone.


Pam comes to stand behind him at his desk. He pretends like he hasn’t been watching her at all. “Hi,” she says, laughter bubbling all the way up from her feet. She touches a crease in his shirt, pinches it between her fingers.

He swivels to face her, giving her his best smile, the one she knows so well, the one she has missed; and tilts his head. He has to clear his throat to speak. “Come on,” he says, standing up, and she takes his outstretched hand.

“Where are we going?” Pam asks.

“Anywhere. I don’t care,” Jim says. “You decide. I just – I need to - ”

“Me too,” she says, knowingly.

She leads him to the elevator and they get in. She presses the button with one hand and he holds the other. While they wait, she reaches up and ruffles his hair so that it’s sticking up in places, the way she likes it. “Much better,” she says, and he laughs.

When the doors open, they run out and keep going, (because the building is too small to contain them) until they’re outside in the parking lot. The sun is shining and she’s smiling, and it’s all so bright that he can hardly stand it.

Pam closes the distance between them and rests her hand on his chest. She feels his heart, and it’s full, like hers.

“I love you,” she tells him, and when he smiles she knows she has never felt this light.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed it. =)


awesomeblossom is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked bright also liked 2823 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans