- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I do not own these characters but I do so enjoy them. Please don't sue me for that.

Bold = Talking Head

Unbold = Normal scene

 

"It's true...we're getting married," Pam said holding up her hand for the camera in the conference room.

She glanced at Jim and he grinned at her, shaking his head.

A blush ran quickly up his neck. He spoke with his head down. "The rumors of our engagement were not greatly exaggerated."

Pam giggled and nudged him. "That was kinda lame."

"You're right....I have no idea what to say right now..." he said looking up at her with a smile.

"Are you going to tell them about my ring...About where you bought it? How many carats?" She asked, teasingly.

"Oh...totally...," he said as if that were the obvious answer. Of course, so far, he hadn't had to tell anyone much...everyone had pretty much - guessed...

*****

 

"Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God! Let me see it!" Kelly said squealing in front of Pam's desk. "Oh my God, I can't believe you were hiding it!"

 

She reached over the ledge of the desk and pulled Pam's hand towards her, but apparently it wasn't close enough, because she ran around the desk, yanking Pam's hand towards her face.

 

At least she hadn't climbed over the desk, Pam thought.

 

"Oh my God! Jim...are you serious?!" She said glancing back at Jim.

 

Having been praying silently that he might escape the giddy wrath of Kelly, he glanced up at her with an awkward smile.

 

Pam grinned back at him as Kelly took charge of her hand once more. She turned it this way and that getting the diamond to catch the light. "Oh my God Jim, it's so big..."

Jim silently mouthed 'that's what she said' to the camera.

 

Kelly continued, "They say that some guys get their girlfriends big engagement rings because they're making up for smaller things...like their penises."

 

"Wow," Jim said as he and Pam locked saucer sized eyes.

 

"But I don't believe that about you Jim...I don't believe you have a small penis."

 

"Oh......thank you."

 

"Oh my God Pam, are you just dying? If someone bought me an engagement ring I would be just dying...Seriously, I'd need mouth to mouth recesitation...Are you dying?"

 

"Yeah....I kinda am," she said sweetly glancing at Jim again. He grinned back and then turned to his computer. He was only one more 'oh my God' away from blushing like crazy.

 

"It's totally bigger than the one Roy gave you...Even though he probably had a bigger penis."

 

Jim leaned back in his chair. His eyes wide for the camera.

 

*****

 

"And that's why I'm not gonna talk about the ring," Jim said gesturing behind him, past the blinds and into the main office area. He'd already been traumatized.

Pam made a face. "Are you going to tell them how you proposed?"

"No....Oh! But what I will tell them is that we're getting married in exactly -

"Six months."

"Wow....thought it was my turn to talk..."

"Suck it. Details go to the girlfriend."

"Who made up that ru -

"It's a destination wedding," Pam said weaving her fingers through his as he shook his head at her. "We're just having our parents fly out to -

Jim clamped his hand over her mouth. He met her eyes with his own and drew his hand away slowly.

"Oh... Sorry...right. No flash photography allowed."

"No paparazzi," Jim said grinning. "People magazine gets the exclusive though..."

Pam giggled. "Right."

Jim's eyes settled on her again before glancing at the camera. "There are some people here who might be...upset about that..."

 

*****

 

"Pamalamarama...." Michael said, wrapping quickly on her desk as he approached.

 

The camera zoomed in on Pam trying to make the connection, "Pam, plus bananarama...or...panorama...."

 

"What is the wedding dealio?... Listen, Jan knows this great florist and I want to make sure I've got the perfect boutonnière all picked out...I'm gonna rock this wedding like it's 1999."

 

"Well it's actually 2008," Jim muttered under his breath.

 

"What?"

 

Pam shot a quick glare at Jim and then piped in, "Oh....Michael....we...Actually Jim and I decided to just....We're doing a destination wedding."

 

"Oh, I love destination weddings! Destined to be together...unity candle...the whole nine. I get it...ultra romantique."

 

"Right...right......No, I mean...we're...." Pam faltered, glancing at Jim.

 

Jim turned in his seat. "We're eloping."

 

"Wow...you're kidding me. Where to?"

 

Jim glanced at the camera behind him. It was the perfect excuse not to let the cat out of the bag, right?

 

"Well...we're...We can't say....cameras and all," he said gesturing with a thumb behind him.

 

"Oh...right......ok...Michael said grinning at the camera man. "Text me later."

 

Michael was suddenly big on ‘texting'.

 

Jim nodded, "Will do."

******

 

Pam bit her lip. "Yeah...it'll be tough for some people..."

"But...."

"We..." she paused, smiling up at the camera triumphantly. "It's our wedding......and we don't really care."

"Fiesty."

"It is though..."

Jim met her eyes and they were silent for a moment. He nodded. "Yeah...it's our wedding."

*******

 

"So you're not getting married in a church?" Angela said munching on a cracker as she leaned against the vending machine.

 

"No...it's just uh.....it's going to be outside," Jim explained.

 

"Hmmm...how trendy of you."

 

Jim put his sandwich down, took a sip of his grape soda. "Actually we're both just kind of into the outdoors, so...."

 

"Well. God created the outdoors. Perhaps he'll forgive you."

 

Jim crossed his fingers. "Countin' on it."

 

*******

 

"You're sure you're not going to tell them?" Pam said, glancing at Jim.

"How I proposed? No.......I mean why would you want me to anyway? You want them to hear how I basically threw the ring at you and told you to take it or leave it?"

Pam giggled and was barely able to get her words out, "Right...it was very romantic."

"You better believe it."

 

******

 

"So how did Jim propose?" Phyllis asked, leaning in towards Pam, with a girlish whisper in the break room.

 

Pam ducked her head bashfully. "Oh...I...we kind of want to keep that private...I know it sounds crazy..."

 

"Oh don't worry, I understand," Phyllis said nodding. "Bobby and I wanted to keep ours private too, but....well he yelled the question when we were having sex on a lounge chair in my backyard...so...my neighbor heard us."

 

"Oh...that's.......that's so nice."

 

Phyllis smiled and nodded.

 

******

Jim and Pam both stared at the camera.

******

"So on your honeymoon....are you two gonna do it the whole time?"

 

Jim scratched the back of his head and leaned back in his chair.

 

Pam got up to do her faxes.

 

"Nice, Kev."

 

"Hehehehehe....I'll take care of your fantasy football team while you're gone though....don't worry man"

 

"Good lookin' out, Kev...thank you."

 

"I got your back, man...I got your back."

 

******

 

"So...we're taking about...2 weeks off...so that'll be nice."

"Yeah..." Jim said nodding. "But it'll be hard...you know - with your lack of vacation time at all.

Pam shook her head, remembering. "Oh...right."

*******

 

"Pam, you don't have any vacation time left."

 

"What?"

 

"Vacation time. You're all out," Dwight said looking up from his computer, as if he'd just consulted his records. "So I'm afraid you're honeymoon will just have to wait till next year."

 

Jim stopped typing and pointed towards Dwight, "How do you know about her vacation time?"

 

"I've been keeping track."

 

"Well...it's not your job to keep track, so..."

 

"Uh, someone has to be responsible for holding Dunder-Mifflin employees accountable for their absences, Jim...And that someone is me."

"I thought you were only responsible for world domination and bringing snacks for your Laser Tag buddies.

 

Dwight faltered. "I am in charge of....those things...as well as...many others."

 

"Well then you would know."

 

"Know what?"

 

"That Pam has extra vacation time."

 

"No she does not Jim...don't say stupid things."

 

"Yes she does...because she's suffering from nympha...pam-mania...so it's not vacation she's going on. She's going in for treatment."

 

Pam looked up from her desk. Shook her head. Seriously?

 

"That is not a real disease. You made it up," Dwight said.

 

"It is very real....and she has to take days off every now and then for ...um...treatment."

 

"Well...as of now, that disease...if it is one...is no longer covered," Dwight said finally.

 

"As number two, I demand that it's covered...I also demand that I have the same days off."

 

"That is abuse of power, Jim...and I will report it to Jan...and Michael."

 

"Ok...well Pam and I are just gonna go take our lunch then...so you can report it...and you know...have evidence to support your claim."

 

"Good," Dwight said standing up and hitching his pants. Clearly going to tell Michael that very instant.

 

"Great."

 

******

"Sorry we can't tell you where we're going," Pam said apologetically to the interviewer when he asked for the scoop again.

"You wanna tell them so bad right now...I can't believe you."

"I don't want to tell them. You do."

"I'm sorry, are you 12?"Jim asked.

"Your mom's 12."

"Ridiculous," Jim said shaking his head. "Are you even old enough to get married?"

"Is your mom old enough to -

"Stop...stop."

*****

Stanley looked at the camera. "I'm just gonna wrap that toaster up and give it to ‘em...I'll shake it out first."

 

*****

"I think it's gonna be great," Pam said grinning at Jim. "Right?"

"Right."

"It's been...it's been great already so we can't really imagine why it wouldn't still be great."

"That's like the legal limit of the amount of times you can say great."

"I think it's gonna suck," Pam said smiling.

"Me too."

*****

Oscar was shaking his head as he put away the left hors devours from the Finer Things Club, into the refrigerator. He took Pam's silver tower and put it in the sink where she was already washing dishes.

 

"Well....I guess I won't get you one of those for a gift..." he said smiling.

 

She smiled back. "I guess not...There's plenty of other things you can get us though, believe me."

 

Oscar shook his head again. She caught it this time.

 

"What?" Pam said sensing something was wrong. "Are you ok?"

 

"Yes. I was just...Well Pam, you were my fall back school."

 

"I'm sorry?"

 

"You know if Homosexual U decided they weren't going to allow me to graduate...you were my...my fallback."

 

Pam smiled at him.

 

******

 

"Hmmm," Jim said. "Kevin was always my fallback."

"Karen was your fall back."

"Wow...that's it....Turn off the cameras," Jim said holding up a hand in front of his face.

"No, no," Pam giggled. "Don't turn them off....I'm sorry Jim, please be my fiancée again...."

"I'll think about it......Get it together, Pam."



LoveFool is the author of 48 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 14 members. Members who liked All They Do Is Smile: They've Been in Remarkably Good Moods also liked 2605 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans