- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
IMing is great.

*********************************************
Jim didn’t look at Pam at all as he shifted his stuff the foot to the left, which she noted. When he was done he sat in his ‘new’ chair with an audible sigh. He slowly turned to the right towards reception. Pam was looking at him with a grin that she was trying (unsuccessfully he noted) to quell. He gave her his own slow grin and a little nod ‘hello’. She gave back the same then looked away to her screen with a little shake of her head, still smiling.

He checked behind him; Michael was playing with some of his toys. He pulled up the chat service. He typed in his message and watched Pam’s head turn as it popped onto her screen.

jhalpert: Hey good friend Beesley. Did I tell you about the awesome girl I’m dating?

He saw her hold back a laugh before she started to type.

pbeesley: Why no, good friend Jim! Do tell.

jhalpert: She’s reeeal purdy.

He heard the muffled giggle. He looked over. She was blushing and the smile she was trying to hide behind her hand was a mile wide.

pbeesley: Aww, Hick Jim, have you been taken in by a pretty face? Does she talk good, too?

jhalpert: Yeeeah…but she’s kind of a smartass. I like it ;-)

pbeesley: Lucky You : P

jhalpert: You aren’t kidding. Her hair’s really pretty too, especially when it’s backlit by moonlight or florescent lighting.

He saw her smile and touch the ends of her hair. She glanced over at him before she started to type.

pbeesley: You know, I think I know this girl. She might have mentioned you once or twice, but she never mentioned the ‘smooth talker’ thing.

jhalpert: Well…what did she mention, pray tell?

pbeesley: That you had great taste in restaurants but that she thinks your hair looks funny.

A little laugh escaped her as she watched him brush a hand over the lost locks on the back of his head.

jhalpert: Gotcha. Dork hair. You know…she has the greatest laugh – 2 actually. I love it when she tries to hold it in and accidentally snorts.

pbeesley: Right cause guys love that. I hear it’s actually an effective mating call.

She looked over at him and rolled her eyes. He gave her a mock-glare.

jhalpert: Are you dissin’ my lady? Because I happen to love that snort. I might start calling her my ‘little piggy’.

pbeesley: Your lady!? Big talk for a guy who’s been on, count ‘em, 2 dates, mister.

jhalpert: It’s called ‘claim staking’ Pam, and anyway, it’s between her and me. Butt out.

He heard her snort and had to cover his mouth with his hand to still the chuckle.

pbeesley: What’s the 2nd one?

jhalpert: What one?

pbeesley: The second laugh.

jhalpert: When she finds something funny and she’s trying to laugh quietly, she’ll scrunch up her shoulders and make this little ‘oh’ with her mouth as she laughs. It’s sooo adorable. Every time I see it I just want to kiss her. Have for years.

Pam looked up at him. He just gave her a warm look and a small nod.

pbeesley: She told me some stuff about you, you know.

jhalpert: Deets please.

pbeesley: Well, she says you’re really funny and that you think up the best pranks she’s ever heard of. She’s never laughed so much on her life as she does when she’s with you. Ooo! Especially this past Friday.

She watched him smile with pleasure as he shot her glance.

jhalpert: She’s no slouch in the laughs department herself. More.

pbeesley: Oh yeah, and you’re totally humble and self-effacing…but she did say you’re a good kisser.

She saw him lean back as he covered a smile with his hand again. He leaned in again to type.

jhalpert: Gotta give her points there too. She tasted like peppermint, despite the pizza we’d been eating – go figure. I’m pretty sure there was a 5 minute period there on Friday where I forgot my own name. But she hasn’t seen anything yet. She has yet to meet Wooing Jim.

pbeesley: Wooing Jim? Is that, like, a superhero alias or your mutant name?

jhalpert: Yes. Yes it is. Wooing is my superpower.

pbeesley: Woo Hoo;>

jhalpert: Laugh all you want, but once she’s exposed to my power of woo, she’ll never look back. She’ll be ruined for other men.

Pam had to suppress the urge both to laugh hysterically and the one that made her want to go climb in his lap and cover his face in kisses.

“What are you doing?” Dwight’s sudden question had them both jerking up straight in their chairs.

“What are you doing?” He asked back calmly.

“Uh, working, duh. Which is more than I can say for you.” Dwight said snottily. “You know what I think?” He asked, nodding his head knowingly.

Jim folded his arms on his desk. “No, but I would sacrifice a small animal to be given the power to do so.” Jim replied.

Dwight went on, “I think you’re emailing your little girlfriend.” He started fake-crying. “Boo hoo! Come back. I’m a loser without a girlfriend.”

Jim leaned forward. “I’m sorry Dwight,” He made as though looking for clarification, “So, you’re saying that someone’s a loser if they don’t have a girlfriend? Well,” He sighed. “Now that we’re in the same boat, I’ll make us some bumper stickers…maybe some hats.”

Dwight scoffed. “I’m not a loser.”

“Oh!” Jim feigned surprise. “So, you have a girlfriend.” He looked at Dwight expectantly and saw him glance over at Angela, who had her eyes peeked over her cubicle.

“N-no! I don’t have a girlfriend.” Dwight said quickly, turning back to his PC. He began to type busily. “Never mind.” He said in all seriousness now. “This isn’t appropriate work conversation.”

Jim smirked as he brought the chat back up. He had a new message.

pbeesley: Hey, loser.

jhalpert: So, I have no girlfriend?

pbeesley: I’m sorry, what!? 2 dates does not a girlfriend make.

He started to type when another message popped up.

pbeesley: I’ll only be accepting messages from ‘Wooing Jim’ now, thank you.

He looked over at her and grinned when she just flipped her hair, ignoring him.

He flexed his fingers and began to type.

******************************************************
****************************************************
Chapter End Notes:
More to Come.

Please review:)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans