- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jim and Pam use other people's words to say how they feel. The clue is in the title (and in the songs).Try looking these songs up in Youtube - especially the ones that actually use Jim and Pam.

*********************************************************
Jim realized he was going to have to watch it…rather than watch her. A man who’d just been (apparently) dumped and left shouldn’t be giddily happy. But it was so hard, he thought as he stopped his head from moving at the sound of her voice.

Today had been an amazing blend of their old relationship and their blossoming romance. The combination of their mutual teasing, their flirting (on his part, God! All she had to do was look at him), and their stolen kisses had all of his senses and every particle of his awareness centered on her. It had been hard enough when she was oblivious. Now that she was reciprocating, he looked around at his desk and didn’t recognize one thing, work was probably going to suffer. He hoped none of his clients had said anything important today, because there was only one project on his mind: making Pam look at him with that look of surprise, pleasure, and burgeoning awareness.

He smiled to himself as he thought of her reaction to his last IM.

jhalpert: (think French accent, Pam) You remind me of springtime; everything sweet, pretty, and smelling fabulous.

pbeesley: (think a sarcastic accent, Jim) Of course it doesn’t have anything to do with it actually being springtime and there being flowers everywhere.

jhalpert: In the office!? I think not! Not unless you think Dwight has some stuck in his shoes. Wait. That’s not flowers…ewww. Nope, it’s definitely you.

She’d laughed at all his silly and whimsical compliments, but he’d meant every one.

She was sweet when she comforted a sobbing Kelly in the break room after she’d seen his vacated desk. She’d rolled her eyes to him behind Kelly’s back, true, but she’d still sat there for 20 minutes till Kelly’d pulled herself together. (He noticed no one offered her any sympathy over her break-up. They were probably afraid it would set her off again.) She was smart enough to keep the admin part of the office going despite Michael’s. She could talk circles around Andy and she was the best secret co-nemesis that Dwight never knew he had.

She was stronger than anyone her knew, too. Even though it was what he had dreamed of and wished for, he couldn’t even imagine how hard it had been to break off an engagement to someone you’d been with for over ten years.

He thought of Roy for a moment. He’d never hated him. Even when he’d attacked him, he absolutely understood where he’d been coming from. Wishing someone didn’t exist or to disappear down a deep well didn’t equal hate, he rationalized.

He’d quite simply envied him.

He’d envied him Pam; the one Roy got to be with every night and every day. Even now, he envied those years that he knew her and he hadn’t. But Jim had always known the truth. Roy had never known her, appreciated her, valued her…even loved her as much as he had.

He sent off another itune that he’d ‘gifted her’. There was even a spot you could write a message. He’d already sent her a few earlier.

From Jim:
To Pam:
Click to download.
Sheryl Crow: Always on Your Side
Message
: Because you apparently need the help walking.


From Jim:
To Pam:
Click to download.
Bryan Adams: Everything I Do (I Do it For You)
Message
: You know…at least for the last seven hours. Zero work productivity today, I kid you not.


From Jim:
To Pam:
Click to download.
Glenn Miller: Moonlight Becomes you
Message
: Too true, too true.

He watched as she clicked the download features and plugged in her earbuds to the speakers. She hid her smile behind some files as she listened. He watched her open the new file.

From Jim:
To Pam:
Click to download.
Colin Hay: Waiting For My Real Life to Begin
Message
: A.K.A. – Before I met you (and four years after that.)

He heard her typing.

From Pam:
To Jim:
Click to download.
Colin Hay: I Just Don’t Think I’ll Ever Get Over You
Message
: After you left.

He rubbed a hand over his heart as he looked over at her. She had a hand pressed to her mouth and the earbuds were still in as she watched the monitor.

From Jim:
To Pam:
Click to download.
Rihanna: P.S. (Still Not Over You)
Message
: A.K.A. – While I was gone.


From Pam:
To Jim:
Click to download.
Guided By Voices: Hold On Hope
Message
: Ditto


From Jim:
To Pam:
Click to download.
Jon McLaughlin: Human
Message
: Why I was an ass for so long.


From Pam:
To Jim:
Click to download.
Handel: Hallelujah Chorus
Message
: What I heard when you came back.


From Jim:
To Pam:
Click to download.
The Monkees: I’d Go the Whole Wide World
Message
: …’just to find her – Oh wait, she was standing in front of me at the beach, duh.


She closed her eyes tight to see if it would stem the tears she could feel coming. She brought her head up sharply and took a deep breath.


From Pam:
To Jim:
Click to download.
Glenn Miller: You Stepped Out Of A Dream
Message
: You - this past Thursday.


From Jim:
To Pam:
Click to download.
Linda Ronstadt: Feels Like Home
Message
: Being Near You.

He nearly jumped out of his chair when she bolted out of hers, head down, and headed towards the ladies room. Oh crap, he thought as he gripped the arms of his chair as he watched her go. What did he do?

“Sit down, Jim.” Dwight said authoritatively. “Pam gets a little emotional this time of the month.” He made quotations in the air and nodded sagely, as though burdened with experience. Jim just stared at him and Dwight sighed, shaking his head. “Someday…someday Jim…you’ll understand women.”

**************************************
Chapter End Notes:
Next: More still

Pretty Please Review.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans