- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I would like to dedicate this chapter to my awesome friend, flonkertonxx! Thanks for believing me!
"Oh my God, Angela, what's wrong?" said Pam.

"Pam" cried Angela. "Could you come with me to coffee?" she said through sniffs.

"Umm, sure, let me just tell Jim real quick."

She left her sobbing coworker and went over to his desk. He had been watching Pam the whole time.

"Hey, what's up with Angela?" he asked.

"I'm not sure, she wants me to go out with her for a while. I don't really want to, but there's obviously something wrong."

How did he know she would say that? Same old Pam, always there for whoever needed her.

"Ok, hon. You wanna just have her drop you off in her car?"

"Yea, sounds good." She gave him a quick kiss and walked back to Angela, who was still sobbing uncontrollably.

"Do you want me to drive?" asked Pam. She didn't think Angela would be able to see the road through all of her tears.

"Yea, thanks Pam."

They drove to the same little coffee place they had been to a year ago. Angela's crying had gone down a little, and Pam couldn't stop wondering what was wrong.

They ordered their coffee and sat down at a little table by the window.

"Ok Angela," said Pam, placing a hand on hers, "What's wrong?"

"Well, I have news just like yours."

"You're pregnant?" asked Pam eagerly. She and Andy had been engaged for a year and a half now, and they all thought they would never last.

"Yes."

"Angela, that's great! Congratulations!"

"Well, the thing is...It's not...Andy's." said Angela, breaking down into tears again.

Pam fully understood who's it was. She was surprised it hadn't happened sooner.

"Angela...it...it'll be ok, ok? I'm gonna help you through this as much as I can."

"Thank you so much, Pam. I knew I could count on you. I just don't know what to do." she said desperately. "I don't know why I said yes to Andy, I don't love him."
Old news, thought Pam. She and Jim knew she still had feelings for Dwight, even if she had no intention of revealing them.

"Well, when I was engaged to Roy, I knew deep down I was in love with Jim. He was all I would ever think about, Roy was always in the back of my mind. It wasn't that I didn't feel something for Roy, but when I met Jim, he turned my world upside down. He made me happier than I had ever been. I'm not making any decisions for you, but if someone is holding you back from the one that makes you happy, they might not be right for you."

"I understand what you're saying. If Dwi...this other person, makes me happier than I am with Andy, I really don't deserve to be unhappy with Andy."

"Exactly. You're a great person, Angela, and you deserve happiness."

"You're right. You're such a good friend, Pam, I'm sorry for taking advantage of you through the years."

They both stood up, ready to head back to the car. First, though, it was Pam's turn to give Angela a hug. She had always known there was a good person deep down.

"You're great too, Angela. I really hope everything works out, and, again, congratulations on your baby. It might not be great circumstances, but I know it'll be great. I know Jim and I can't wait." she said, grinning.

They headed back to the car. This time Angela drove. It was a pretty silent ride home, other than an occasional loon cry from Angela's CD.

They pulled up to Jim and Pam's apartment complex after about 5 minutes.

"Thanks for the ride, Angela." said Pam. "And don't worry, I'm sure things will turn out ok."

"Thank you for coming with me, Pam. See you tomorrow."

"Bye."

Angela pulled away, and Pam walked as fast as she could to their apartment.

"Jim?" she called as she unlocked the door. "Where are you?"

"I'm in here, honey." yelled Jim.

She heard his voice coming from their small living room, and as soon as she did, she ran into the room.

"Hey, what's..."

Pam flung her arms around Jim and kissed him as passionately as humanly possible.

"I love you so much, Jim."

"Wow, that was...wow. What got into you, Beesly?"

"It's a long story, but in short, thank you for giving me all I've ever wanted. The greatest husband a woman could ask for, a decent place to live, lots of love, and a little baby." Pam felt the tears spring up to her eyes.

Jim was absolutely dumbfounded.

"Well, you're welcome."
Chapter End Notes:
Please review! I've got lots more chapters, but I won't release them without any reviews!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans