- Text Size +
"Jim Halpert, tell me where we're going right now!"

"Oh, yea, like I'm gonna tell you, Beesly."

Pam let out a long sigh. They had been driving for at least 10 minutes, and Jim refused to tell her where they were going.

"Ok, close your eyes." said Jim, turning onto a new street.

"Do I have a choice?" said Pam playfully.

"Nope, that's an order." Jim replied in a mocking voice. He had to admit he was a bit nervous, this was a big risk, and he hoped it would pay off.

Pam sighed again. "Fine."

A couple of silent seconds passed, and she felt the car stop.

"Ok, keep 'em close, I'll come get you out of the car."

"Jim, come on! What's so secret about this place?"

"Oh, you'll see Beesly."

He helped her out of the car and she felt asphalt beneath her Keds, but could also feel a few blades of grass tickle her ankles.

"Ok...open!" yelled Jim.

Pam opened her eyes and saw the most amazing house she had ever seen. It had two stories, a swing on the porch, and...God bless you, Jim...a terrace. She looked around and saw that it also had a white picket fence, and a big oak tree with a perfect branch to hang a swing from. It looked like something out of a movie.

"Do you like it?" Jim whispered in her ear.

"Absolutely I do." said Pam, hoping the FOR SALE sign out front wasn't covered with a SOLD sign. She had only quickly skimmed the yard, and didn't read it properly. She glanced back at it. The one little word SOLD sent hope flooding into her mind.

"Good." He was still whispering that wonderful light whisper. "Because it's ours."

Pam felt tears sting her eyes as she turned around and hugged her husband.

"You bought it?" she asked, inclining her head to the SOLD sign out front.

"Yea. I saw it one day and I knew it would be perfect for us...all three of us."

He laid a hand on her belly and she looked down at it and smiled.

"Well, it's a good thing you're always right, Halpert." she whispered in a mocking tone.

"Yea, I guess so."

As they looked around the house, Pam couldn't help but love it even more. There was a huge kitchen,(not that she did much cooking) a big room that Jim said was for an art studio, a room for a home office, a huge master bedroom, three bathrooms, a spacious living room and dining room, and a cute little room across the hall from the master bedroom.

This room stuck out to Pam, other than the two other bedrooms. She walked in and knew that this would be the nursery. She could already see the soft colors on the walls, a crib in the corner, and a rocking chair. She could see the teddy bears lining the walls, and she could also see herself.

She could see herself standing in the room in her Victoria's Secret robe (which she never cut up) holding a little baby in her arms, swaying gently. She could see the sun barely on the horizon out the window, and she could feel Jim's presence at the doorway.

Soon, she thought. Just soon enough.
Chapter End Notes:
Come on, ppl. 4 Chapters and only 8 reviews. Come on now, I know you can do better than that.


Please leave your reviews after the beep.

BEEP


jimandpaminlove is the author of 6 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Surprise Night also liked 1281 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans