- Text Size +

“And then what happened, Michael?” Pam said consolingly, putting a hand on her boss’s shoulder. “Let it all out.  I closed the door; nobody out there can hear us.”

It was early in the work day, and they were in the conference room, seated at the table. Michael was still in his overcoat and Pam not quite awake yet.  When he’d arrived just minutes earlier, he had made a bee-line straight to her and stared plaintively. She knew what this meant: he’d had a bad experience and needed to unload to a sympathetic face.

“The man just kept getting closer to her,” Michael said, hands clasped in concern as he leaned in. “I could tell he was up to no good.  At first I thought things would work out fine, because they were in a public place.  In a department store, with people around. But I guess evil doesn’t care about things like that.”

Pam had thought ahead and brought with her a tissue which she now handed to him. He mouthed “Thanks,” used it, and then continued.

“He waited till she had her arms full of clothes and was on her way to the counter to check-out.  And then he just attacked. I couldn’t believe it when I saw it.”

Pam looked up at him with as much care as she could muster and put a hand on his. “What happened then? Did she live?”

Michael’s eyes misted up. “I don’t know,” he said.  “I just know that the girl - the friend of her son - stepped in and tried to defend her, and she fought the man hard for at least a minute.”

“That must have been intense.”

“It was.  They really went at it… breaking everything around them... sparks flying. But in the end, the evil Terminator knocked the good one out and carried Sarah away. Who knows what will happen to her now?”

“Don’t worry, Michael. I’m sure the good one will repair herself and rescue Sarah. And John will do something.”

“Do you really think so?”  He started to look relieved. She could see tension leaving him, as if he hadn’t dared let himself entertain that hope and now felt able to.

She reassured him that she had no doubt of it and would look for spoilers on the subject and forward them to him if she found anything hopeful.  He thanked her for listening and went into his office refreshed, ready to start the day.

A few minutes later, Jim made his way to Pam’s reception desk.  “What was that about?” he asked.  “He seemed really emotional.”

Pam shook her head and giggled. “I’m so glad the strike is over. I preferred the Grey’s Anatomy updates.”


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans