- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
hey, this was written for the Conan Challenge. not really sure were its going so bear with me.  Also, i realize the chapters are terribly short, and i'm sorry but thats how it is. the "talking head" bit is centered and bold just so you know. and the italized stuff is quoted from the Emmy's at least the dialog anyway. so i hope you like it

“Uh…Hi”

“Gah!” Dwight jumps back in shock, “Damnit, Jim!”

“No,” Jim smiles at the camera man,” I did not have Conan O’Brien fall through the ceiling.”

Conan looks around in desperate confusion, and for a moment his eyes lock with mine and I feel a flutter in my stomach, “Uh, alright. Okay, I just need someone to tell me, how do I get to the Emmy’s?”

“Wait, wait, wait,” Michael appears in his office door and offers some sage advice, “Practice.”

Conan looks at me in befuddlement, and I just roll my eyes and smile, he blushes, and I feel my cheeks grow hot, too.  When we finally break eye contact, I feel someone else staring at me.  I turn to Jim and he’s looking at me strangely, I smile at him but he doesn’t return it, he just looks away.

 “Pam is very attractive. No question.  I mean, if I didn’t have an award show to host I can easily see having 2 or 3 seasons of will-they, won’t-they sexual tension that ultimately goes no where.” 

“I’m gonna go. I should go but, um, I’m sorry,” he apologizes, heading for the door in a rush.

“Because you can’t get anywhere without practice,” Michael adds, looking at the camera waiting for someone to laugh.

I hear the door close and I panic, and get up quickly and I hurry out the door after him.  “Conan!” I call out to him, as I watch him press the elevator button, waiting impatiently to get on.  “Conan!” I call again, and this time he looks up and me and smiles.

“Yes, Pam?” he says, his voice hits a sexy low octave and he no longer sounds like a twelve year old boy.

“Don’t leave me,” I cry, hugging him around the middle, he’s tall so my head rests just under his chin, and I feel….home.  He has this strange intoxicating smell lingering around him that I just couldn’t put my finger on.  And when he reached around me and held me back, I noticed that his thin arms fit around me perfectly.

“I’ll never leave you, Pam, never,” he whispers into my hair. I hear someone cough, and Conan stiffens.  Pulling back from him slightly, I see Jim standing there, awkwardly staring at his shoes like a kicked puppy.  I immediately disentangle myself from Conan join Jim in his staring.

“I was just making sure you were all right,” Jim says.  He still won’t look at me.  “You left in such a hurry I thought you might’ve been upset or something.” Finally, he makes eye contact for a brief second and I wish he hadn’t.  His eyes are full of hurt and it’s just too much for me to bear.  He turns away and walks back into the office.

I wait a few moments and then pulling Conan in tow, head back too the office, too.  I tell Michael that Conan is going to work for us now and that he can be my assistant and help with all the secretary work.  Michael says that’s fine, and talks to Conan about seeing him in New York one time.  Conan is nice enough to pretend to know what he’s talking about, but he later tells me he has no idea what Michael was talking about.

 “So, Conan and Pam are really hitting it off.  It’s great…”


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans