- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
After this chapter, things should get going a bit. Still don't own anything Office related. Except a couple of DVDs.
March 22, 2005

“Hello?”

“Mark, what up man?” Jim had called his friend Mark on his drive back to Penn State.

“Jim- how was the interview?”

“Oh. My. God. You wouldn’t believe it if I told you.”

“You’re probably right…want to go to the basketball game tonight?”

Mark, Jim’s roommate, and Jim were in their final semester at Penn State. Mark was going to work at a hospital for a year, and then get his master’s in psychology, hopefully, starting the next fall.

“So you really don’t care about what happened in my interview that would make me say you wouldn’t believe it?”

“That’s about right.” Mark paused. “Of course I care, moron, what happened?”

“Do you remember Dwight?”

“Dwight…”

“Schrute.”

“From high school?”

“Yup.”

“Yeah…I remember him- I just wish I could forget him. Why are you asking?”

“He’s the new assistant principal at West Scranton.”

“You’re shitting me.”

“Nope. And he had informed the new principal all about my high school days before I got there.”

“Wow. That…sucks. Sorry about that, man.”

“Yeah. But the thing that may be even more unbelievable is that I got the job.”

“What? How is that possible? What principal would hire someone who four years ago had the car of the then principal towed to the middle of the football field? The only person who would do that would have to have like… the worst judgment in the history of the world.”

“Yeah, and I think I just spoke with that person today. He told me it was hilarious and that I was exactly what the school needed. I am going to be the new English teacher at West Scranton High School.”

“Wow. Congratulations, man. That’s awesome.”

“Thanks, Mark.”

“Although…”

“What?”

“It just sucks that I will probably know the next subject of the Dateline student-teacher scandal. Do you think I’ll have to testify?”

“Har har, Mark. Shut it, alright?”

“You know I’m just messin’ with you. Seriously, congratulations.”

“Thanks. See you later.”

“So, will you be back for the game?”
Chapter End Notes:
Next up: Jim starts work.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans