- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The next six episodes of season 2. This section of the series was actually difficult to write because, in my opinion, there's no way Pam wouldn't have been at least slightly aware of her feelings for Jim, but she was also content to stick things out with Roy and the status quo.
The Client
As soon as she got home she got in the shower, knowing she smelled like citronella and something warm she couldn’t quite place. The citronella washed away easily but nothing else did.

Performance Review
He asked why she was grinning as she climbed into the truck and she enthusiastically detailed another fun office prank. He didn’t really laugh and she looked away, waving at Jim across the parking lot and feeling her smile falter.

Email Surveillance
He hated Dolly Parton but he was singing anyway. The thought filled her stomach with strange, unwanted butterflies that wouldn’t settle for hours.

Christmas Party
She was unapologetic about swapping an iPod for a cheap teapot. The teapot went on the stove, the jokes went in the box in her nightstand and her simple elation went in the corner of her heart he was slowly carving out for himself.

Booze Cruise
She hadn’t had a single snorkel shot but she felt drunk and loose. One look at his face and she tightened, escaping back inside to a comfortable lie rather than get enveloped in his messy, drunken truth.

The Injury
He wasn’t acting any different around her. She had wanted him to be different and she hated herself for it.
Chapter End Notes:
Any reviews would be lovely! I'll keep posting these in groups of six until the 10th, when all of season 4 will go up just in time for Dinner Party. I'm jumping out of my skin with excitement, aren't you guys?

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans