- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
For some reason, these six episodes were quite possibly the most difficult for me to write. Something about this point in season 2 was hard to wrap my head around, especially from Pam's perspective. I eventually decided that she cares for Roy but she's starting to realize that maybe this isn't the life she wants...
The Secret
The elevator ride seemed to last centuries. Every moment broke her heart a tiny bit more and at his casually spoken “good night” she felt the last little piece shatter.

The Carpet
She was determined to be happy with what she had. Still, the day felt empty and wrong with him out of reach and she sent her thoughts to him rather than the man getting drunk in Michael’s office.

Boys and Girls
She told them that she wanted a husband that she loved and murmured a name they’d understand. It felt something like a lie.

Valentine’s Day
Afterwards, she stumbled towards the bathroom and stared at herself in the mirror. She’d never felt more disappointed—in herself, in Roy, and in the sting she felt at the lack of anything new to add to her shoebox.

Dwight’s Speech
She realized that she didn’t want Jim to see her in a white dress she was wearing for someone else. Something ugly inside her was relieved that he wouldn’t be there.

Take Your Daughter to Work Day
He always made things look so easy and she couldn’t hide a smile. Bonding with a juvenile delinquent, she could feel her life stretching out before her like a ragged, endless ribbon and she’d never been more stricken with sadness.
Chapter End Notes:
Reviews would be lovely, as usual. Tomorrow will be the end of season 2 and the first two episodes of season 3. :-)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans