- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Eight episodes today!
The Convict
She felt aglow with happiness. He had joked with her and it was like recapturing something she was sure had been buried right next to a dead bird and her own innocence.

A Benihana Christmas
The day was beautiful and complicated and sort of happy and sort of sad. She went home feeling restless and made herself tea in a little teal teapot.

Back from Vacation
There was a violent turbulence inside her that poured out of her eyes and down her cheeks. If this is what he had felt like for years and years she suddenly loved him even more.

Traveling Salesmen
She couldn’t quite explain why it didn’t feel like an accomplishment until he acknowledged it. His obvious selfless joy reminded her of a day of gold medals and blossoming love.

The Return
Working together on a joke was wonderful, but she was sure it was laughter in sombreros that she would remember weeks and months later. It made everything feel much simpler than it actually was.

Ben Franklin
She mourned the loss of the ease with which she used to talk to him. How many things had been lost in one fearful, confused moment?

Phyllis’ Wedding
A dance outside with someone familiar and comfortable reminded her that she didn’t have to feel as broken as she did most days. She left with him and caught her breath, feeling better and worse all at once.

Business School
She hadn’t felt like a liar in a long time. She heard herself telling him that she loved him and wondered if anyone actually believed her.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks again to everyone reading. Tomorrow will be the last seven episodes of season 3 and Thursday will be all of season 4, just in time for our Dinner Party. :-)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans