- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The end of season 3 and the end of the angst!
Cocktails
She leaned her back against her front door and breathed deeply. Her mind was racing with thoughts of Roy and broken glass but her heart was pounding Jim Jim Jim Jim.

The Negotiation
Some great fire had burned up her relationships with both Roy and Jim. She had no idea what to do with the ashes.

Safety Training
For a fleeting instant, things felt real and normal and natural. She wrapped the moment in gauze and packed it away in her heart before it slipped away, as they all eventually did.

Product Recall
They didn’t speak at all for an entire day and it was a terrible reminder of days when he hadn’t been there at all. She smiled at him feebly when he left for the day and his returning grin felt like a small victory.

Women’s Appreciation
She felt strong and capable at the end of the day but she couldn’t seem to forget a piece of lime green lingerie. She watched reality television on the loudest volume to try to blur the edges of her jealousy.

Beach Games
It was a beautiful, truthful day and she finally felt like she could give everything he might want. She was a bird in flight.

The Job
It was like falling in love all over again. She thought of a shoebox filled with memories tucked beside her bed and blurted a “yes” into the air. He looked different, but also the same, and she knew there was nothing broken that couldn’t be mended.
Chapter End Notes:
So, tomorrow I'll be posting all of season 4 so far and I'll be all caught up. I'll probably add to the story after this year's finale and, in the mean time, I might consider doing this all over again from Jim's POV, but it really depends on if I have the time and if the creative juices are flowing. That's what she said.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans