- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
i. “OK Bees, we need to set the record straight here.”

Pam’s face fell a little. Their first date had been going great after the initial awkward five seconds. Now Jim had a serious look on his face as he continued.

“In the past year, I have formulated a five-page Word document full of things I’ve wanted to do to Dwight. If you would like to resume best friend status in my book, you are going to have to resume acting as my partner-in-crime as well. However, a year is a long time to go for these ideas to build up, so some of them are a bit complicated and at times downright evil. Your risk factor is considerable. Do you think you’re really up for this? I’ll give you ten seconds to think before you sign over the rest of your life.”

Pam gave an exaggerated sigh of trepidation.
“Well, umm…absolutely I do.”

ii. “I don’t know, maybe we aren’t ready for this!”

Pam and Jim had agreed to a doubles ping-pong match with Darryl and Kelly. Despite days of practice, Pam was still nervous.

“Relax! Just remember what I taught you. Stare down, spin serve.”

The match was over fairly quickly since Kelly clearly was so focused on cheering on Darryl she forgot she was supposed to be helping him. Despite Jim’s advice of gracious victory, Pam couldn’t help herself.

“YEAH! In YOUR face! Hey Kelly, did you see last week’s People the article on how Brangelina play ping-pong every night? Guess not, or else you would have practiced! Ohh, what now?”

Jim and Darryl tried to hide their laughs with coughs as Kelly flipped a “Whatever” sign and stormed out.

“Gee, Beesley, that was pretty good, but do you think you could take the heat from a Halpert ball of fire in a singles match?”

“Absolutely I do.”

iii. “So you never told me how you became such a good cook!”

Instead of their usual Saturday dinner dates at a local restaurant, Jim had decided to cook Pam a full dinner at his house. They had just finished up their chicken, and Pam was itching to know more about Jim’s ability to make more than some variation of a cheese sandwich while Jim cleaned up some of the dishes.”

“Hey, my mom believed I would never marry, hence my amazing cooking skills, as well as my fabric softener preferences and my ability to iron anything, including tissue paper. Listen, I’ve got to run upstairs and change this shirt, I just spilled water all over it. I made dessert, it’s on the bottom shelf of the fridge.”

In her childlike glee anticipating dessert, Pam did not see that Jim’s shirt was dry, he had a little trickle of sweat running down his forehead, and he had a nervous grin plastered on his face as he ran out of the room. He hid behind the wall, peering into the kitchen. Pam burst out laughing as she pulled out the Jello sitting on a plate but as she looked at the mold, she gasped. A plastic baggie was clearly suspended in the middle of the gelatin, and a small black box was inside the bag. As she pulled out the bag, then the multiple layers of saran wrap covering the box, then the box itself, Jim lowered himself to one knee. Before he could say anything, Pam spun around, beaming.

“Absolutely I do.”

iv. They had professed their vows, shared the kiss, exchanged rings, and made it to the reception without any major hijinks. Both had wanted a small wedding, but they wanted to invite everyone from work as well as friends and family, so quite a sizeable crowd had gathered. Besides, it was the wedding of a lifetime; everyone invited could make it because they all wanted to see what would happen next in the saga. As they sat down to eat some cake, Pam leaned over to Jim.

“So do you think the whole big wedding was worth it in the end?”

At that moment, Dwight burst into the room.

“Jim, I would just like to make you aware that someone has spiked the sparkling cider. A certain coworker of ours seems to be acting very suspiciously. I suspect wedding crashers, and despite your wishes I will have to seek and destroy them.”

Pam and Jim looked onto the dancefloor where Angela was making out with Andy while the electric slide played in the background. Jim turned his thoughts back to Pam’s question.

“Absolutely I do.”

v. The phone rang around 5 AM.

“Jim, it was Michael. He said something about Jan and snow and no work today. I guess it snowed last night and he’s taking Jan to Sno Mountain today.”

Jim and Pam snuggled beneath the blankets and began to drift back to sleep. An hour later, they heard footsteps thumping down the hallway.

“What is that? Elephants or clumsy burglars?”

“Neither. I would guess it’s a pair of—”

“DADDYYY SNOW DAYYY!”

And with that, Emily and Jon jumped on top of their parents and crawled under the blankets. Jim smiled, knowing that once they hit first grade, they would probably be too cool for this kind of thing. He was enjoying it while it lasted as his children sat up, looking out the window.

“Daddy? Mommy? Do you think this is what heaven looks like?

Simultaneous voices answered Emily’s question.

“Absolutely I do.”
Chapter End Notes:
comments would make me happy =] since this is my first post


whomever is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Absolutely I Do also liked 2084 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans