- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Again, I dont own.
Any punctuation mistakes, please ignore. This laptop is very tempermental.
Pam sat at her desk, gathering the paper and pens she will need to take notes on their trip. Of course, she had the most boring job in the office, why wouldnt she have the most boring job on beach day, she thought. She watched as Jim and Karen packed their cooler with bottles of water. She secretly hoped Jim snuck in a few grape sodas, but the new Jim wouldnt do that. She began writing down Jims name, and words quickly followed.

Love.
Hate.
Love.
Hurt.

They began to gather onto the bus, and Pam made sure to go ahead of Jim and Karen, so they wouldnt be sitting near each other. She sat next to Andy, and secretly wished he would pass out on the way to Lake Scranton. Of course he didnt. She had the urge to write more words down next to Jims name, but she didnt want Andy to see. He was the last person she wanted to catch wind of what was going on in her mind. Her pencil began sketching the inner workings of her brain. A plain circular vase, vines out the side, a dead rose in the centre, its thorns still sharp.

"Pam, did you get all that?" Michael interrupted her thought.

"All of what?"

"Of what I said."

"No."

"You've just been drawing?" michael let out an aggravated sigh. "I can't stay mad at you!" She knew as of that moment that the day would be long.

As she sat and watched as Jim and Karen playfully joked during the egg game, Pam began to write.

"You're more than that to me. You're everything."

"Pam! I have a job for you!"

And it continues, she thought. What could he possibly want now.

200 hot dogs later, Pam sat and watched as Dwight shoved the meat-ish substance into his face. She sat away from the group, pretending to take notes, writing more words underneath where she had written his name.

Love.
Courage.
Respect.

Then she heard Michael's bellow. He was interviewing for a job at corporate? Maybe this is my lucky day, she thought. She got up and walked over to where the group was. Andy won the contest, and Pam pretended to write that down. She sat next to Ryan and quickly flipped the page as his eyes darted to the paper.

"How are your notes coming?"

"Oh you know, not at all." she said, going back to her drawing. "So he really thinks he's going to make it to corporate?" she whispered.

"I hope not." He mumbled. Ryan turned to Pam. "Can you keep something quiet?" Pam nodded. "I already interviewed for the corporate job."

"Really?" she whispered. He nodded. "How did it go?"

"Good, I played up the fact that Ive put up with Michael, that Im about to graduate business school."

"And you left out the whole fire starter thing?" Pam joked.

Ryan laughed. She had never seen Ryan laugh.

"That's great, Ryan. I hope you get it. You deserve it after all that Michael has done to you."

Sun was starting to set, and Pam made her way back to her blanket. She noticed Jim and Karen sitting by the water. The words came again.

Love.
Happy.

It was almost sunset, and she hoped the night was almost over.

Once the fire was lit, and the coals were hot, she knew that the night wouldn't end without a blowout.
Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are loved, please know that this story is going to go back & forth time wise, and Ive decided that the story will not feature any AU themes. The sequel might (hint) but not this one.

Thanks again!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans