- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Title says it all.

“You’re doing it wrong.”

“How can you possibly mince garlic wrong?”

“It’s an art, Jim. You obviously don’t have the gift.”

“Oh, excuse me, Pam. Not all of us are culinary professionals like you.”

With that, he put the knife down and slid the cutting board over to her. She jumped off the counter and overly exaggerated her demonstration of garlic mincing to a grinning Jim standing by her side.

“See, all you have to do is crush it with the side of your knife first and then chop it up. There’s no need to hold it and cut it. You’ll slice your fingertips off.”

“Thank you, chef Beesly. Now, if you don’t mind, get back on the counter so I can finish cooking your dinner.”

“Yes, sir!”

Pam took her spot again on the counter, and watched as his strong hands delicately stirred the minced garlic into the pasta sauce. She loved these date nights, causal yet oddly romantic. Who would have though she’d be the kind of girl to voluntarily choose to stay home and make dinner on the weekend? She was never one to stay cooped up at home, but with Jim, there’s nothing else she’d rather be doing. Well, there was one thing…

His words tore her from her thoughts. “Want to taste it?” He was blowing on the spoonful as his other hand was hovering underneath, ready to catch any drops.

She nodded and leaned forward, closing her eyes as the succulent sauce filled her mouth.

“Mmmmm…Jim, it’s so good.” She opened her eyes to find him staring at her, his arm still up and the spoon still in his hand.

“What?” She questioned, wondering what had gotten into him.

He laughed and shook his head, suddenly out of his daze. “Sorry…”

Pam smiled back and looked away, but was caught completely off guard when he took a step in front of her and pulled her head down for a kiss.

Her hands went immediately into his hair, and she sighed loudly as his tongue made its way ever so gently into her mouth. He kept himself propped up with his hands on both of her knees, and they stayed that way for a few moments until he tore his mouth away suddenly.

“Needs more garlic.” He said with his face inches from hers and his eyes still closed. “Wait…”

His lips found hers again, but just for a second as he pulled away again.

“More oregano, too.”

Pam giggled and playfully slapped his arm as he returned to stirring the sauce. He repeated this taste test a few more times before they finally settled down and ate their dinner.

------------------------

Pam fell asleep with her head on his lap 15 minutes into their movie. He knew she’d had a long day at school, so he happily carried her into his bedroom and tucked her into bed. He returned to the couch to try and sleep himself. He would have joined her in bed, but he didn’t want her waking up wondering why they were in bed together.

He tossed and turned on the couch for a good hour until he heard his bedroom door creak open. From the faint glow of the clock in the kitchen, he saw her make her way down the hall and into the living room where he was laying.

“Hey.” He said softly, not wanting to startle her.

“Oh…hey.”

“You okay?”

“Yeah, I just can’t sleep.”

“Me too.”

“Do you mind if…” She pointed to the couch, but couldn’t bring herself to finish the sentence, hoping he’d understand what she was asking.

“Oh…yeah. I don‘t mind at all...”

She smiled and made her way over to where he was laying down. She awkwardly sat down next to his stretched out body, not entirely sure of what to do.

His hand rose up and caressed her back as she leaned down and placed a soft kiss to his lips. He shifted, making room for her and she laid down next to him…well, more like on top of him. His arms fully enveloped her body and her head rested gently on his chest. Before they knew it, they were both fast asleep.

When Jim woke up in the morning, and still had her in his arms, he realized he’d just had the best date of his life.

Little did he know how much better it was going to get.

Chapter End Notes:
I heart fluff!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans