- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Inspired by a recent downpour in my city, Jim and Pam get caught in the rain.

It started out as a leisurely walk home after a BBQ at Mark’s house, but as they got closer to Pam’s apartment, the clouds got darker and the wind started to pick up. The forecast called for a 50% chance of rain, but in Scranton, everyone knew that meant they probably wouldn’t be seeing anything. That’s why Jim and Pam left their cars at home and decided to walk the two miles to Mark’s house.

The droplets began about a half mile from her place, and by the time they rounded the corner of the street her complex was on, it had turned into a full-on rainstorm. The huge raindrops sounded loudly on the street and the roofs of the houses as they walked briskly down the street together.

Jim grabbed her hand as they began jogging together the last few feet to her front door. They were just about there when Pam let go of his hand and stopped running. He turned around and watched her as she turned her face to the sky and raised her arms in the air.

“Don’t you just love it?” she shouted, barely making a sound above the noise of the rain.

“Love what? Pam, you’re going to get sick. Let’s go inside!” he shouted back. He took a step closer to her and reached for her arm.

“No, I don’t want to go inside yet. Let’s just stay out here!”

“But we’re soaking wet, and you’re going to catch….” He stopped when she moved her face down and looked him in the eye, and huge, happy grin on her face. Her clothes were soaked, her hair was dripping wet, and her mascara was running down her cheeks, but as he looked at her through the rain, he wondered if she could possibly be more beautiful. He kept his eyes on her, even when she turned her head back to the sky.

There was something so magical about the two of them, together, standing in her parking lot in the middle of a torrential downpour, that he couldn’t help but yell it.

“I love you, Pam!”

She laughed as she brought her head down again, and took his hand. He stepped closer, again, and pressed his lips to her cheek. She shifted and wrapped her arms around his neck, catching his waiting lips with hers.

“I love you, too.” she mumbled as she smiled against his warm lips.

“What’s that?”

“I said ’I love you, too’!”

“What?!” He bit his lip to hide his smile.

“I LOVE JIM HALPERT!” she yelled up to the sky, still in his arms. She was grinning widely, and he couldn't help continuing to stare at her.

She brought her head back down and looked him in the eyes again, her expression turning serious.

"I do love you."

He returned her deep gaze, until they both couldn't take it anymore and burst into laughter.

Pam pressed their lips together one last time before moving her mouth to his ear. Even as close as she was to him, she still had to yell.

“Lets go inside. We need to get you out of these wet clothes!”

He swallowed, and pulled back to look into her eyes. Questioning if she really meant what he thought she meant.

In the true nature of their relationship, she understood exactly what he was asking. She nodded, and Jim grinned, as they walked hand-in-hand to her front door.

Jim never took the little black velvet box out of his pocket after that night. It was also the night be began to plan the ass-kicking of the century.

Chapter End Notes:
Any ideas for future dates? I don't have a dating life, so any help would be...helpful. Thanks!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans