- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I decided to hold off on my 'really, really, really good chapter' and break them into two peices. Date #2 will be next, and it will be amazing. Stay tuned!

From: Pam B.

Wake up. Can’t sleep. Your fault. You are obligated to text me back.

Received: 3:08am

Jim chuckled to himself. ‘How did I live without her for so long?’ He hit ‘reply’ and texted her back.

From: Jim H.

My fault? If this is about you losing at Uno, I’m sorry that I’m so talented. What can I say, Beesly? You bring out the best in me.

Sent: 3:10am

'Too forward? Nah, lets do this‘, he thought before sending it. He waited 5 long minutes for her to respond, before he gave up and laid back down in bed. ‘So much for me not screwing this up. Way to go, Halpert.’ Seconds later his phone vibrated again, but it wasn’t a text message.

Incoming call: Pam B.

“What the…?” He said outlound, before hitting ‘answer’.

“Hey.” He smiled to himself at the thought of getting to hear her voice again.

“Hey! I can’t sleep. Did I wake you?"

“No, I couldn’t sleep either. Everything okay?”

“Yeah, I wonder what’s going on. Maybe we ate too much junk food…and beer.”

“Hey, I’m not the one who ate the whole bag of M & M’s. I didn’t know you could down that much chocolate, Beesly, but I guess you ARE a woman who has those kind of issues.”

“What?!” She was giggling now. “You helped me finish the bag! Don’t go pegging those things on me, Halpert.” She stopped laughing, and her voice got softer. “Besides, I don’t think that’s why I can’t sleep.”

“Yeah…me too.”

There was an awkward silence for a few moments, before Pam timidly said,

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“…Can we?”

“That’s what best friends are for, Jim.”

Jim and Pam spent the next three hours talking about important things, nothings, life, the past, and them. They were filled with laughter, tears, questions, and confessions. Neither of them sat still the entire time they talked, spending their time walking around their apartments and laying on their beds and couches when the topics turned serious. Something happened to both of them during those three hours. Jim opened up in a way that he never had before, and Pam, the girl who had vowed to be strong, knocked down the walls that she never even knew she had up. It was the best either of them had ever felt, and neither wanted the magic to end. Eventually, after every serious topic had been touched on, and past wounds had been healed, the best three hours of Jim and Pam’s lives finally came to an end.

“Pam, I want you to know there’s nothing more I’d like to do then to keep talking to you, but I think that sugar high we were both on earlier is finally wearing off…” He said hesitantly.

“Yeah, you’re right, we should both get to bed.”

“I can’t tell you how nice this has been. I haven’t had anyone to talk to like this since…well, you.”

“Thanks, Jim. We’re still on for tomorrow, right?”

“As if you even had to ask. I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

“Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow. Sleep well, Jim.”

“You too. Good night, Pam.”

“Hey, Jim?”

“Yeah?”

“Welcome home.”

She wanted to tell him more, how she really felt, but even after all that was said and confessed tonight, she thought it was something that needed to be done in person.

Not surprisingly, neither of them really slept after that, and it wasn’t due to a high that involved sugar.

Chapter End Notes:
Review, please! Next chapter (the REALLY awesome one I've been promising) is coming up next, but only if you review!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans