- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Fluff, fluff, fluff. I love fluff, and so should you. Here's the conclusion of date #2

“I’m sorry.” She whispered. She pulled her head up just enough to look into his eyes again. “Are you okay?” Jim shook his head.

“Does it hurt?” Pam asked.

Jim nodded. “Right here.” He pointed to his lips. “Seeing as how you almost knocked me out, I think you should kiss me better.”

Pam laughed, and leaned down again to firmly kiss Jim on the lips. This was soon interrupted by Pam’s growling stomach…again, letting them know it was WAY past dinner time.

“My God, Pam. Let’s get you fed before you do something crazy. Oops….too late…” He grinned.

She lightly smacked him in the arm as she helped him up.

-------------

After dinner, Pam offered to help Jim clean up the kitchen, as a sort of peace offering for almost knocking him unconscious. She was leaning over the dishwasher, loading in the last few utensils from dinner, when Jim walked up behind her and picked up the dishtowel that was sitting on the counter.

“Hey…“ Pam, hearing Jim enter the kitchen, turned towards him with her eyes still on the dishwasher. “Do you want me to run this now, or wait until---”

*SNAP!*

Pam heard it before she felt it, the stinging pain from someone snapping a wet dishtowel against her leg.

“OH, you are SO DEAD!” She growled at him, while looking frantically around the kitchen for another towel.

“Serves you right, Beesly!” Jim laughed outloud. “Don’t dish it if you can’t---”

*SNAP!*

“GOD, that hurts! Get back here! We’re not even yet!”

A giggling Pam ran past him towards the front door, realizing too late that she was cornered. Jim was facing her, a devilish grin on his face, as she was backed into the corner, towel twisted and ready in his hands.

“Say mercy, Pam! I have you cornered!”

Pam knew she was stuck, so the braced herself as the second snap came, this time on her arm.

“Ouch! God, Jim, that hurt.” She wasn’t smiling anymore.

Jim’s grin immediately disappeared, as he rushed over to her, cradling her arm.

“I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to hurt you…” He caringly offered. He took her arm in his hands and looked it over. “Where did I get you? I don’t see anything.” Before he could catch on what was going on, Pam grabbed his towel, and ran back into the kitchen.

“SUCKER! I SO got you!” She triumphantly yelled. “What are you gonna do now, Halpert?” Jim walked over to her, with an intense look in his eyes, one that she recognized from that day on the cruise, when she almost kissed him, for the second time. Before she had a chance to speak, Jim’s lips crashed into hers, catching her completely off guard. In order to catch her balance, she had to drop both towels, and hold onto the kitchen counter to keep from toppling over. Once she realized what was going on, her hands flew up into his hair, and she pressed his face into hers, wanting to feel him closer. His arms closed around her torso, enveloping her into an intense hug. After a few minutes of kissing, she felt her senses weaken, as she turned every bit of her remaining attention to Jim and his lips. Oh, it felt good. She hadn’t felt this good in a LONG time, and she didn’t want it to end. Before her brain even registered what was going on, Jim quickly leaned down, grabbed the towels, and ran into the living room.

“Who’s the sucker now, Beesly?!”

“You. Are. So. Dead.” She enunciated to him, running to meet him in the living room.

---------------

Two hours later, once they had finally gotten even and decided to watch a movie, Pam lay curled up on the corner of his couch, and Jim had one elbow propped up on the side of the couch gazing down at her.

His fingers lightly grazed her cheek, trying not to wake her, but needing confirmation that this was REAL, this was Pam. He gazed lovingly at her for a few minutes, occasionally touching her face, before gently nudging her awake.

“Hey.” He said softly once she stirred.

“Hi. What time is it?” She asked sleepily.

“3. Come on, I’ll drive you home.”

She fell asleep on the way to her house, and he helped her up to her apartment. He kissed her on the cheek, and told her he’d bring her car by tomorrow. She sleepily said goodnight and closed the door. Jim stood outside of her apartment for a moment, not wanting the date to end. He closed his eyes. He pictured them, in the future, at a time when nothing stood between them. He happily smiled to himself at the realization that that future had already begun.

“I love you.” He whispered to the door.

He turned around, got into his car, and drove home.

Chapter End Notes:
Want more? Reviews will tell me if you do.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans