- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a little flirtage between Jim and Pam before they begin date #3

Monday morning was BRUTAL. Not only was it slightly awkward between Jim and Pam, but all Jim could think about was what had happened last weekend. He wasn’t really sure where to go with things. He knew he wanted to date Pam, but he wasn’t sure how to go about starting it. After a few hours of pretending to look busy, he finally got up to go to the break room, hoping to grab some caffeine so he could attempt to wake up.

He heard the ker-plunk of the soda can hitting the chute, then a set of footsteps behind him. He knew it was her before he even turned around.

“Hey, Pam.” He said, while turning around to take her in.

“Hi. Watcha got there?”

“Oh, just a Coke. I can’t seem to focus today, and I‘m pretty tired. I was out pretty late last night…”

“Oh…” Pam immediately turned red.

“No…I mean…Uh….that’s not what I meant.” Shoot. Why did he sound like an idiot?

“Um, yeah, I’m pretty tired as well. I was out late too, but I have a good excuse…” Yeah, let him misinterpret that. “Speaking of which, do you have plans tonight?”

Wow, he wasn’t expecting that. “Yeah, I do, actually.” Time for her to get a taste of her own medicine.

“Oh.” She didn’t hide the disappointment in her voice.

“There’s this girl who I’m hoping will accompany me to dinner tonight. She’s really beautiful. You might actually know her.” A smile slowly began to form on Pam’s lips. “Come to think of it, she’s a receptionist too. You two should get together.“

“Hmmm…Well, she sounds great. I hope you two have fun together.” With that, Pam walked out of the break room, with a mischievous grin on her face, leaving Jim to stand in the middle of the break room, dumbfounded.

---------------

Their playfulness went on for the rest of the day, before Jim walked over to Pam’s desk shortly before 5. He leaned over her desk wanting to be closer to her, but also wanting to be discreet. She looked up at him with an expectant look on her face.

“Where would one go to dinner if they wanted to impress a certain special someone?” He was trying to keep a straight face.

“I don’t know…I think this special someone might not need to be impressed anymore. If she’s already agreed to dinner, she probably likes you a lot already.”

“I’m not so sure about that…She’s kind of abusive, and I just don’t know how I feel about that…”

“It’s affectionate abuse.” Crap, I really am abusive! “Trust me, Jim. She likes you..”

“Okay then. I guess I’ll have to pick her up at 7 to find out for sure.” He tapped her desk before getting his jacket off the rack and walking towards the door. “Have a good night, Beesly.”

“I will, Jim. I will.”

--------------------------

Jim knocked on Pam’s door at precisely 6:50. His beautiful special someone opened the door wearing a little black dress with her hair down, falling over her shoulders.

When he finally caught his breath, he spoke, “Hey, Pam! My date cancelled, so I thought I’d show up here. Do you want to--”

Pam took one stride out the door and planted a kiss right on his lips, cutting him off mid sentence. His hands flew up and into her hair as she threw her arms around his neck. She eventually pulled back, and both of them caught their breath. Pam shut her door, and laced her fingers through Jim’s as they started walking out to his car.

“I promise not to be abusive towards you tonight…” She said quietly as he opened the car door for her.

“It’s okay. I kind of like the aftermath.”

Chapter End Notes:
Question: Do you guys like this story??? I love writing it, but I'm slowly seeing less and less reviews and some not-so-good ratings...I'm not going to waste my time if people aren't enjoying it. Let me know... :)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans