- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
What did Mr. X do? Hmmm.....
Pam woke the next day with a slight headache. She opened the nightstand drawer and looked inside for her aspirin. The bed was empty so she walked out into the living room where Roy was sitting on the couch watching reruns of Charlie's Angels.

"Roy, aren't we going to be late for work?"

"No work today, babe. We're going on vacation, remember?"

Pam was confused - she didn't recall putting in a request for a vacation. Besides, the wedding was in a month. Why take more days off?

"You said you wanted to go to the lake before Memorial Day because it gets so busy then. You really don't remember?"

Now she was feeling a little worried. She always knew exactly how many vacation days she had and how she was going to use them every year.

Feeling a little foolish about being so forgetful, she lied and said, "Oh yeah! I guess it just slipped my mind. I have a bit of a headache this morning."

"Do you want to go somewhere else then? Or stay home? You're the boss, Pam, whatever you want!"

"No..." she said slowly. "We'll just stick to the plan. But can we stop at my parents on the way home? I haven't seen them in a while and it's close to the lake."

"Sure thing, sweetie!"

Roy is sure acting strange. He never deviates from the plan and he never says 'you're the boss'.

"He grinned, "You go shower and pack and I'll gas up the truck."

"Okay..." she replied, still feeling like something wasn't quite right.

Once outside, Roy made a call.

"Yeah. It seems to be working. She remembers me but forgot that she was leaving me. And she didn't ask me anything about last night. I told her we're going away for a few days."

"Good. Now remember, she was a blank canvas when I was done with her. Yours was the first face she saw when she woke up, right?"

"Yep. Nobody else was around."

"She didn't see the TV? You moved the photos out of the bedroom?"

"I unplugged the TV and moved all the pictures out of there."

"Good. She'll be your true love forever then. Now when do I get my money?"

"Hold on a minute. I'm not paying you one red cent until I know she's forgotten the other guy."

"Fine, fine. I never make a mistake so you better get the money ready. Cash, in a gym bag, have it ready by the 15th. You tell Darryl's cousin when it's ready and he'll tell you where to leave it."

"Whatever. Remember, I need to be sure first."

"Yeah, yeah. Just get the money. And don't ever call this number again."

"I won't."

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans